Can't Follow Free Sellers on MM

Today I went to a seller’s page, clicked the ‘follow’ button, and nothing happened. At the time I was on an iMac desktop computer with Firefox as a browser.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know Marla :wink:

Have you tried again since, or on a different store?

1 Like

Weirdly the button seems to work on another seller I tried, while the problematic one still doesn’t work. I just tried on my iphone 12, and that won’t let me follow that particular seller either. The seller is in Canada, could that play a role?

2 Likes

I noticed this too. I wanted to follow a particular breeder I’m friends with, but it was like the button wasn’t working. It seems to only be with certain sellers, since I’ve been able to follow others.

3 Likes

:thinking: Please can you guys message me with the store names of the ones we are having issues with?

1 Like

I see the issue here.

So the follow feature is only available to stores that are MorphMarket Membership holders :blush:.

SmartSelect_20210329-101948_Chrome

1 Like

Oh! That would make sense. Still a shame though, I’d like to be able to follow my friend breeders

1 Like

i ran across a really nice breeder on MorphMarket . When I tried to follow his store I got the message that only MorphMarket stores can be followed. If a breeder is selling on MorphMarket , don’t they have a store? Am I missing something?
Thanks

SmartSelect_20220210-120535_Chrome

2 Likes

If they are a free user then I do not believe they classify as a MM store

@john, @eaglereptiles, Could one of you confirm that??

1 Like

It’s not that they are not classified as a MorphMarket Store, it’s more to do with the feature set of each membership plan… which is what the “Only member stores can be followed” pop up is referring to.

Store Followers is a feature of the “Basic” plan, so Travis is sort of correct in saying that it is because they are on the Free plan.

You can see a list of each feature per plan here: Pricing - MorphMarket US & Canada

3 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense.

2 Likes

Just an update on this, that also shows how awesome John is. Someone requested that followers be a Free feature and, in the blink of an eye, he delivered! (it was previously a paid membership feature).

All stores can now gain followers no matter what plan you are on.

7 Likes

Is there a way to see who is following your store?

1 Like

At this moment there is no way to see who is following you, just the follower count.

1 Like

Thank you. Will that change at some point in the future?

1 Like

Its likely but i can make no guarantees or timeline predictions

1 Like

@john is super awesome! Thank you for adding this into the free plan!

2 Likes