Cappuccino, frappaccino, melanistic crested gecko [DONE]

Welcome to the community!

I’m loving this being added but I’m still so confused as to how to tell you have a Cappuccino out not. Same with Frappuchino. I’ve read the articles and it’s still unclear to me.

I believe they are likely to have small head structure, if so I think that’s important to put on the report.

Has melanistic been bred yet to know if it is safe? If not that’s also important info.

I’m just really curious and want the info to be as accurate as possible to avoid miscommunication further down the line.
Both me and @ghoulishcresties have been trying to get info on these and I’m still stumped

3 Likes

I am stumped here too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one. I have my ideas as to what makes a Frappuchino stand out from a lily white, but thought I should ask for factual information rather than speculate as I have only seen online pics so could be completely wrong

1 Like

This should help for those who dont understand what they are looking at. It was actually written by the person who first discovered it. It is better to get the information from the horses mouth so to speak than someone who doesn’t actually work with the gene as they can explain it in a way for people to understand

RCK have actually posted a thread up on here about everything :blush:

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you, but yes we continued our discussion in the morphpedia thread

1 Like

Wondering if we should add Extreme Cresties onto here?
He’s been working on an unrelated cap, super cap line to RCK and he may of actually been first to discover them.
He’s not said much, but he’s been working on secret projects for years and he’s actually just released a few now.

1 Like

Create a new topic and fill in the template with what you know :blush:

We can get the discussion rolling!

2 Likes

I’ll send over to Tom and see if he’s happy filling it all out. Can you sent the template again? :relaxed:

2 Likes

Just click new topic in this category and it’ll appear automatically :wink:

2 Likes

Sent over to him, though I have asked him to join too :grin:

3 Likes

There are currently some on mm from Extreme Cresties

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was saying.
Looks like he was the first :grin:

2 Likes

I just found out 2 days ago that I stumbled upon a possible cappuccino, I’m planning to prove her out but I have multiple people asking me to loan her out to them and have them prove her. Not sure what to do as I’m very new at this. :woman_shrugging: This is her

3 Likes

Unsure if a cap personally, I know the breeder here in the uk with them for sale, and they look different to that own. As do RCK look different.

LI actually had one similar to yours back along, and a young one now but with white flashing just started to appear.

But all means try prove her out but looks a lot different to the caps we know of.

I wouldn’t personally loan her either.
If someone wants to loan their male and you split clutches with them when babies are ready to leave then fair enough, but do not give her to someone else…
females should always stay with the owner and the male come to you as you can stress her moving her about when laying or carrying eggs which can cause issues.
That’s how it’s done usually, the loaner males go to the females home.

3 Likes

I have no idea if capp, but definitely try to prove her out.

I agree with above, do not send her to someone else. Get the male to come to you.

Let us know how you get on

2 Likes

@reptilecitykorea @tennyscrestedgeckos

Can we add The Sorak on please? :black_heart:

Lilly Mel / Super Capp Lillywhite!

Thankyou guys, would be awesome to add them on also :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@ghoulishcresties
Sorak = super capp + lilly?

1 Like

Yes!
Looks like a leopard, so lovely :black_heart:

1 Like