Captive bred California Lyre snakes

How about enclosure tours. You have one already of your Brazilian rainbow boas set up that I think is brilliant.

Feeding differences in species.

Breeding plans.

Incubator setups.

Pretty much anything you do with your reptiles… I will watch it :joy:

Updated photos of the other one, Hotsauce…

8 Likes

From about 8 inches when I first got them to around 16 inches now for the bigger one and about 13 for the smaller one. Been trying to be careful not to over feed them since they’re on mice only and would normally eat more lizards at this size. However, I just ordered some quail mini links from Repti-links to get a little variation in their diet.

5 Likes

New pics…

5 Likes

Just wanted to say very cool snakes and interested in keeping up with them. They are super cute.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve wanted a sonoran Lyre for years and a friend of mine asked me if I would like to get a pair from a friend of his when he had some available so I jumped on it. I couldn’t be more pleased with them at this point. They’re both around 15 inches but still very young with lots of growing left to do.

2 Likes

Woke up to the female shedding this morning…

6 Likes

Full bellies…

Right now I’m feeding these 3 f/t pinky mice per sitting, but since they have a naturally very slim build and would normally eat lizards that are much lower in fat I’m only feeding them every 2-3 weeks. Usually. I dont want them getting even a little over-weight which would decrease my chances. I’m also feeding them 3 pinkies because the prey they would be eating naturally, small lizards, would be long bodied and slender. So instead of feeding one fat rodent I feed a few smaller ones.

5 Likes

Had Spicyboi out for a little one on one time today. He is very easy going for anyone wondering… cb California lyre snake a little over a year old. Also weighed him and now at a little over a year old he’s a whopping 36 grams lol.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks for the video and info! I’d never heard of these guys until today and am super intrigued by them now

4 Likes

Another video showing the male being handled… last time he was hiding and I figured some of you would like a clearer view of one of them.

5 Likes