Carbon Project

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been searching for a Twister for some time. And luckily my fiancée is a flight attendant so I may be able to fly to Germany once this pandemic settles down and pick one up from Karsten.

I keep mainly retics now, but if I could get my hands on Twister, I’d seriously reconsider getting back into balls.

I’m excited to see what your projects with Carbon end up producing. It’s definitely a unique gene and has so much potential. If it wasn’t for @t_h_wyman, I wouldn’t have known about that gene and it’s similarities to Twister. I think it’s a promising project for sure, and so far the snakes you’ve produced with Carbon are gorgeous. Just wish I had the money to invest in that at this time, but unfortunately I’ve bought roughly 3k of retics in the past month so I’m a little tapped out right now.

So I need to revive this thread to get some opinions.

About a month ago I hatched out a clutch from a leopard butter het clown x clown pairing and got a few unexpected looking hatchlings.

This funky looking clown:

and a more subtle but different looking leopard butter

@t_h_wyman mentioned that it looked similar to a carbon fire clown that was listed on MorphMarket , so I reached out to both breeders that I had purchased the male and female from.

It turns out that the breeder of the mom has also hatched out a few similar looking funky clowns, and her sibling also hatched one this year. He mentioned that he had purchased some of his original clown stock from Paul Miles year ago and that it’s possible for Carbon to be circulating in his (and now my) clown line. @image_reptiles, thoughts?

4 Likes

Awesome looking animals, any idea on the timeline that the animals came from Paul? The original Carbon female was purchased as a baby in Daytona in 2006, some animals were produced in 2008-2009 and then went on the back burner for a few years until I helped revive it prior to me even buying the whole project. I can’t recall for the life of me what Paul paired with her outside of Fire(it was big at the time), but we certainly had a lot of Clowns going around that time too. I can’t say definitively what you have cooking over there but it’s certainly cool.

Can you post pictures of the dam?

Thanks so much!! I am not sure of the timeline as I bought my female from Terron Moore a few years ago, and he said he purchased some of his original clown stock from Paul “many, many years ago”, but it seems like whatever I have is something that’s been floating around in his clown line for a bit.

This is my female, she looks like a pretty standard single gene clown to me, but maybe you will be able to pick up on something

Your female is definitely a gorgeous Clown, but not a Carbon Clown. Odd for sure. I’d advise trying to replicate one of the combos I’ve made to see what they look like. Fire or Mojave would be decent picks.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s why I’m so baffled about this clutch, both parents looked fairly standard, but it’s obvious there’s something extra in the babies. I’ll try to get more better/pictures of the funky clown and the leopard butter clown that both have the trait in a week or so since both are gradually getting darker with time. Both are staying with me for sure

Do you by any chance have any pictures of carbon clowns without fire?