Caribena versicolor

Our little sling versi

5 Likes

Ah cute! This is my dream new-world T if I can ever own one.

1 Like

beautiful! Personally I prefer rose hairs and pink toes, but god that blue is irresistible!!

1 Like

That is a pink toe. Caribena versicolor used to be Avic versicolor prior to 2017 or 18. That ones blue because its a baby. Its common name I believe if memory serves right is the St. Martinque pinktoe. Beautiful new world aboreal species.

4 Likes

Woops! My bad! Need to do a reread on my scientific names lmao, and a general redo on tarantulas XD

4 Likes

I definitely love my avics too. Arboreals in general are just awesome to me. And the best part for me is if they escape. Which is my nightmare scenario. At least they go up instead of into my bed or shoes.

1 Like

Ah no worries. I honestly forget why they decided to reclassify the species from Avicularia to Caribena. I’ll have to look it up again. If I ever get a chance to own tarantulas Caribena versicolor ( martinque pinktoe) is my dream new world and Poecilotheria metallica (Gooty sapphire ornamental) is my dream old world species. Im currently not legally allowed to own anything venomous which sucks because I’d like to have some tarantulas maybe a scorpion and I would love to have a FWC snake one day. Stupid bylaw.

2 Likes