Carpet python feeding questions

Hello! So I will be getting a Jungle Jag little girl who is 7-8 months old. I breed ASFs for my BPs and my kingsnakes. Was wondering how well Carpets are on feeding on ASFs and if anyone has experience with this type of feeding. She is currently on F/T hopper mice with the breeder. She will be a pet and not a breeder snake for me so I do not need her to grow quick and large.

1 Like

You should be fine! There are a lot of people who have had issues with carpets being partial to only mice or rats but that’s never been a problem for me with what I’ve kept over the years. All of the Morelia I’ve kept were equal opportunity when it came to feeders.

1 Like

Thanks. Ive read they can get hooked on mice. I know that Norwegian rats are not their natural prey also, but wondered if ASFs are a good substitute. Especially once she is large…the breeder told me that her mother is roughly 8ft long and father is 6.5ft

Here are the taxes I owe for my questions.

Little Jungle Jag. Still thinking up a name for her. I didnt realize how tiny they are even at 7 months. Lucky ASF babies are small as well.

1 Like