Cheap but good enclosures

I am looking to get 1 female whites tree frog next fall-spring, and have decided that I wanted to get a twenty gallon vertical front opening terrarium. The problem is, they are very expensive for my budget! I have been looking on Facebook Marketplace etc, but they always have holes in the mesh or something else wrong with them. Can you recommend me good inexpensive brands to get my terrarium from?

3 Likes

Dubia.com has some decent priced enclosures. you could also get a used 18x18x24 exo Terra and if there is an issue with the screen you can just buy a replacement for it

4 Likes

Oh I didnā€™t know you could get replacements for the exo terra screens! Thanks for the info, Iā€™ll look at the ones at Dubia.com as well. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

You can buy a cheap 10 or 20 gallon long Aqueon fish tank at Petsmart, Petco etc, a front opening conversion kit and a tube of sealant from Iā¤ļøGeckos, for well under a 100 bucks. I did that for one of my cresties and it worked greatā€¦

4 Likes

That is a great idea! What is ā€˜Iā¤ļøgeckosā€™? An online or Etsy store?

1 Like

Iā¤ļøGeckos.com. Sorry about the. Itā€™s a store on the web.

2 Likes

Thx! I will almost definitely be doing that now.

1 Like

Here is a 10 gallon I just put together. I need to tweak it a bit. The tank came from Petsmart. The conversion kits are specifically for the Aqueon tanks but they can custom fit odd sized/large tanks. They sell the silicone as well but you might be able to buy it cheaper at a pet store. But it has to be aquarium safeā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Just know that you canā€™t use lights if you go this route. And if you do, I would highly encourage you to go with a 40 gallon tank as 20 gallons only have a 12x12 floor space. As they are large, I feel that a wider footprint is a must.

I have heard amazing things about them and will probably end up using them in the future, I just thought I would mention that.

And quick tip, petco has half off sales all the time so make sure if you do go with this option that you get a good deal. Last time I looked I believe the 40 gallons were $50 when on sale.

1 Like

Oooohhhhhā€¦ somehow I completely forgot about the lighting thing lol. Well, ig I probably wonā€™t be going that route then.

1 Like