Cheap places to buy decor for reptiles?

I live in Utah and I’m wondering if there is any online spot or a store that sells cheap reptile decor? I have a ball python and a boa and I want to make their enclosures more comfortable but everything is so expensive. Any tips would be great

8 Likes

If you want some fake plants, check out craft stores. They should have a good selection and be much cheaper than what you find at pet stores.

7 Likes

if you want fake plants, the best place to get them are at dollar stores or craft stores.

6 Likes

Dollar tree, dollar general family dollar, Menards, Wal mart

4 Likes

I got all my fake plants and stuff when I had Penny in a tank from Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is too expensive for you but I personally buy everything from imperial reptiles in Florida as I’m local, but they ship to other states. really nice website

4 Likes

Personally, I love Bloom products because they are large and they can take an incredible beating from my boas and still look fantastic!

8 Likes

I echo everyone else, dollar stores and craft stores are probably where you’re going to find the best deals. It seems like the minute something is sold specifically for reptiles, it instantly becomes ten times more expensive. :joy: My local Dollar Tree has a whole aisle of fake plants, it’s awesome.

2 Likes

Where did you get those? Tried looking up Bloom but that seems a very broad search.

3 Likes

When you all buy fake plants do you avoid certain materials? And how do you sterilize them before use and for occaisional enclosure clean outs?

2 Likes

JoAnn Fabrics :wink:

4 Likes

Dawn Dish Soap and hot hot water. Soak them in it and rinse until no more soap.

2 Likes

Ah! Love an easy fix!

1 Like

Thanks! Have some AP enclosures being made for my Carpet python and Dumeril’s boa. Want to make them as naturalistic as possible. Those look good in your enclosures so i will have to check those out.

2 Likes

Some of mine are 5 years old and still look great. Totally worth it.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love your enclosures so much!! It’s almost simple but still looks really nice. I’m sure they are living their best life :grin:

2 Likes

Oh, yes! I buy all of my plants from joannes but everything else from imperial reptiles

2 Likes

The beauty about CHEAP fake plants is that if they get super soiled, you can always pitch them and buy new! :sunglasses:

2 Likes