Cheers from Nova Scotia, Canada!

Hi All! I’m just a random keeper in Nova Scotia, trying to start a business doing educational work with snakes. I’ve had some phenomenal support from the community via social media, but platforms seem to be getting more hostile towards exotics keepers! It’s starting to feel like MorphMarket might eventually be that last bastion for the reptile community, so I wanted to get on board now, even though I’m no a breeder.

Keep up the great work!
Pete

5 Likes

Hi Pete @forpetessnakes ,

Welcome to our community! I can guarantee that you were going to encouraged by this group of people. I am thankful that there people that want to use snakes to educate. I hope that you don’t just stay here but give us your insights and be a wonderful working member of this community :grin:
Again I hope that you enjoy this community!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! What species of reptiles do you have?

2 Likes

I only have a very small collection of 4 BPs, a boa & a Florida king. I’m not anywhere near ready to start anything yet, but then folks in our local reptile community started volunteering their time and animals, so we’ve been able to do a few events already!

5 Likes

I think it’s great that you’ve been able to do educational work with them. I think that’s one of the most important parts of the hobby. Feel free to add pictures of your snakes.

3 Likes

Love to see your critters. And, I think your screen name wins the internet today! :grin:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! I’ve actually been to Halifax! Was beautiful one of the best times of my life!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! My wife and I also use our reptiles for education programs.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums Pete!

3 Likes

Hi from over in Ontario!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Here’s just a few pics from some of our recent outings. I’m not about creating a spectacle or a big show. My goal is to help folks make a real connection with these misunderstood critters. The best thing I hear is, “I didn’t think I could, but I think I love snakes now!” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hello from Ontario! Always happy to see fellow Canucks in this community, especially cool to see that you’re doing education and outreach to the next generation. Its imperative to the long term success of the hobby that we build positive connections with people

3 Likes

Glad to see so many Canadians in here! :canada: I actually grew up in Smiths Falls until my teens, catching SOOOOOO many garters. :rofl:

1 Like

Im just glad Im not the only Canadian. At least there are you guys. I wonder who else…

1 Like

welcome! I’m also just a keeper right now.

1 Like

Hi for the uk, love what your doing man.

1 Like