Cherry and Walnut leaves for isopods?

Hi! I’m new to keeping isopods and I just want to check if Cherry leaves and Walnut leaves are safe for isopods?

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am sorry I can’t answer your question but I am sure other isopod keepers can answer you. I have magnolia leaves in with my roly polys! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you! :laughing: i’ll try magnolia for now and hold off on the cherry and walnut leaves

I have 2 bags full for my hamsters which has recently passed and my remaining ham doesnt like it. Hopefully can repurpose it for the pods :joy:

4 Likes

You would recommend those lol :joy:?

Love ya, community mom :rofl:

3 Likes

I do not see why they would not be. My only caution is that the tannins in the walnut leave might make them unpalatable. Not necessarily toxic, but the isos may just ignore them

4 Likes

Weeelllll I thought about, ahem, giving a “recommendation” but I was not sure I could spill the beans that you, ahem, sell them…… oops :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s right :rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

So at first I misread your post and I thought you were referring to “tannis as in tannis root and of course my being as old as I am I thought of that awful movie “Rosemary’s Baby”! :joy:

1 Like

ooo okie great! thank you so much for the info :laughing:

1 Like