Choosing a boa

Having trouble deciding between BCL or Nic. BCI for pets/ Small breeding Project.
I love the color change the BCL has over time but the Nic. Are awesome as well.
Any suggestions or big difference (size, attitude, etc.) that you can think of ?
Any info will be greatly appreciated!

I too am considering getting back into boas and have been seriously thinking about getting a Nicaraguan because their size hardly ever exceeds 5.5 feet but I have also heard that they can be much more nippy as babies or young adult but if you put in the time to tame them down then they do great.

BCL
I just love the longtails. I have a hypo BI, and hope to own and meybe breed BCL

I currently own a pair a Nicaraguans, and they are hardly ever defensive unless you catch them in a very bad mood (has happened maybe twice). And when you do, they are more hissers than actual biters. I should also note that I almost never handle my animals and when I do, it is briefly for cleaning or weighing. I’m sure that if I put more time into handling them this behavior would disappear.

How big are yours currently? Nicaraguans have always been a sort of bucket list boa for me because it’s a boa in a smaller package

Mine are a little less than a year old and in the 90g range. For comparison, my Argentines are BORN in the 90g range.

1 Like

and mine BI is 980 @ 2 1/4 years old