Christmas mountain female gopher

Female Christmas mountain gopher around 6 feet.

6 Likes

Beautiful girl. That facial picture is really something else! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah kinda funny she thinks she’s hidden funny thing is half her body was on top of substrate.

2 Likes

I love that face! :blush:

3 Likes

Here’s a male Christmas mountain gopher I bought from Summers snakes! kudos to
to Summer for breeding beautiful animals although he doesn’t arrive until tomorrow you can see he’s amazing looking! I’ll update as he grows because his color’s will be amazing!

5 Likes

Wow! His color pops! It looks like you are really on a roll @roy200079 Roy! I am so glad you are going this route! Gopher Pine and Bull snakes are really cool looking and even though I don’t have experience with these guys they look like really great animals!

I can’t wait to see babies in the future! This is a “To be continued” series!!! :clap::blush::+1::white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Hello thanks for the positivity yeah it’s all new as far as breeding goes im not in it for thr money just to be able to see some amazing animal’s from all these future projects and to be able to bring someone else incredible joy!

Snake’s especially bull’s I think need more credit they can live a long time can becove very tame in general mot very difficult to care for / for thr average person.

I’m goint to upload pics of the female kingsville and male Christmas mountain when they arrive! I will haev pics up early this afternoon.

3 Likes

bulls and gouphers are both amazing. I don’t understand why people still think that they are always full of attitude and can’t be tamed down. I don’t own any yet but I own a texas rat snake and people always say the same thing about them as they do about gophers and yet my yearling texas is just as tame as anyone’s corn snake so… Sorry, I always get off topic :sweat_smile:. They are both gorgeous!

4 Likes

Yes and they can get 7 feet plus and at least they cant kill / eat you LOL.

5 Likes

Here’s the male Christmas mountain gopher not the best pic since he’s little scared

6 Likes

Really nice colors! I like the pattern on his sides too! Wonderful animal @roy200079! He will certainly contribute to making beautiful babies! :blush::100::+1:

3 Likes

Agreed. I had a Northern Pine growing up that was extremely chill. All my bulls are still young and a little flighty but not bitey, except for my hannum red hypo. He hates the world but I’ve only had him a week.

3 Likes

I have a lot of work to do with adult female Christmas mountain gopher. Can’t believe its already been a week since she arrived.

I tried offering her rat few times now with no luck she may just be real shy or still stressed from the move and new home.

She looks chilled in her home but when I tried to wiggle a rat in front if her she just threw a fit so I just left her be I can try and leave rat with her overnight but I will wait until Sunday let her calm down she has plenty of good weight to het so not worried yet. Possible she’s going into pre shed no milky eyes yet from what I can see.

4 Likes

So @roy200079 Roy, when I get a new arrival I put them up and leave them totally alone for a minimum of a week maybe 2, to let them settle in and become comfortable with their surroundings before I offer food.

Maybe you should leave her totally alone for a couple of weeks and then offer food. She may be too stressed to want to eat……and the more you try the more stressed she is getting, especially with the attitude she is showing you.

If she has good weight then I would definitely try this since it’s not going to hurt her.

Just a suggestion…. Keep us updated! :blush:

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I plan on doing and I really have left her alone all in all shes in a nice cage that doesn’t havr viewing around sides for extra security:)

Thanks for input well appreciated:)

2 Likes

Hello again she actually went into shed cycle about 5 days ago her eye’s just cleared up Saturday so I’m thinking she will shed maybe Tuesday.

I’m thinking with the shipping new environment and going into shed was reason she didn’t want to eat . The previous owner said she was a good eater so I’ll take her word for it:)

2 Likes

Aahhhh! Shipping, new surroundings, and now she has to shed her skin! That’s most definitely the problem! Give her another week or so and I am sure she’ll be back on track! Keep the updates coming Roy @roy200079! :heart::pray:

1 Like

One month $1500 later I now have

1.1 Christine Tx bull’s
1.1 Kingsville Tx bull’s
1.1 Christmas mountain Tx gophers
1.1 Northen pine snake South Carolina locality male X non locality female can’t wait until they are all mature and ready to breed.

Here’s the male from a local breeder who is going to be a stunner when mature , color’s are going to be amazing only had to drive 1 hour to pick him up! Here’s some pics of them the lighting not the best I will get pics in natural lighting ASAP.

Male is pic 1 4 and 5

Female pic 2 and 3

Here they are!

4 Likes

You are right Roy! That guy is a looker for sure! I just love the way their heads are shaped! The female looks really nice too! Isn’t it great to pick up instead of pay a shipping charge?

I know 1,500.00 is a lot of money but if they are quality animals to be incorporated into a project you believe in and are passionate about then they are worth every penny! :+1::star_struck::100:

1 Like

Yep so much better not to habr to pay the fee or stress animal out LOL :slight_smile:

2 Likes