Cinctus Gecko mating guide?

I’m keeping a pair of Rough-skinned Knob-tailed Geckos (Nephrurus cinctus). The male has just reached 15 grams, while the female is up to 32 grams. I’m planning to pair them for breeding, but I’m not sure how long I should keep them together.

Last spring, I also attempted to breed them. I confirmed that both animals were receptive and displayed mating behavior, but I wasn’t able to confirm whether they actually copulated, and the female did not become gravid.

This time, I’d like to know roughly how long I should house them together before attempting to breed them, and how long I should leave them together during the breeding period itself

2 Likes

Take this with a grain of sand, since I know little to nothing about Knob-tailed Geckos…

I would start with considering if they are safe to be paired for multiple days at a time? If so, maybe you could start with keeping them together for a few days at a time while monitoring their behavior to ensure they are not fighting and seperate them to feed.

If I were in your shoes that’s what I’d at least do, to give them enough time to get used to eachother to the point of a successful copulation.

I’m sorry I can’t give more advice, hopefully there’s someone here that knows more that I do about them. I hope you have success this time! They’re cute and unique little guys for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. The mating seems goes well and now I’m just watching their’s condition. Thank you for your kindness.

1 Like