Clark strain Albino ? 💭

I’ve got an adult Female retic Tiger 100% het for purple clark strain, if I breed her to an Visual White phase albino (clark) am i able to have an
Lavender Albino (original albino strain)
Ciao…

My understading of how the Clark Purple/Lav/White work would indicate that a het Purple x visual White should produce Lavs (at about 50% odds)

3 Likes

Yes, half of the offspring will be lavender albinos, and half will be het white albino.

2 Likes

Both previous replies are correct.
As long as your het Purple girl proves out, you’ll get Lavender Albinos and everything else that’s not a Lav in the clutch will be 100% het White.

4 Likes

Agree with all replies above, I love to talk Retics!

Thank you all. Then again
If i breed my het purple to a lavender
My offspring will be
= purple visual 50% and het for white/purple 50%

A het Purple x visual Lav would get you 25% Purple, 25% Lav, 25% het purple, and 25% het White. And you would not be able to tell visually which where het Purp and which were het White

3 Likes

I agree with @t_h_wyman, that would be your outcome.
If you did do that breeding, besides the visual Purple Albinos and Lavender Albinos, you would label everything else as Het White or Purple, but not both.
I also recommend if you’re shopping for a male visual White Albino, I would personally look for an added morph. Then when you don’t hit on the visuals, you’ll have something more valuable to project with and market besides a normal poss het Purple or White.
Marble, Sunfire, GC and Phantom are all valuable morphs and add very nice colors/contrast with Albinos.

2 Likes

Thank you for smooth explanation. Hoping to have
More growout

1 Like

Yes, and all the non-visuals will be het for white phase.

1 Like