“Clear spots forming on eggs”

Hi all, I have been a keeper for a long time and finally decided to give breeding a try. I did tons of research, read articles, watched YouTube vids, and did my best to prepare. I successfully mated my male Clown to my female vanilla bumblebee het Clown and on June 22, she laid 7 beautiful eggs. I candled all of them, each had nice veins throughout. Here we are almost a month later though and on several of the eggs there are some “clear” spots developing. I didn’t run across this in any of my pre-breeding research. Is this something I need to be concerned with, and if so is there anything to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You should be fine. Nothing to do. I’ve had many eggs in my time that had clear spots, some so big it was like a window into the egg. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

1 Like

Awesome, I appreciate it. It had me worried.

1 Like

Eggs usually change over time during incubation (spots, marking, windows), what you want to look for and prevent are wet spots, I am not seeing anything of concern in those pictures.

1 Like

Those were the day they were laid. I can take an updated picture to show you. What would a wet spot look like? I’ve made sure there isn’t any condensation dripping onto the eggs, they aren’t sitting directly on the substrate, other than the windows forming they haven’t changed much.