Cliff Duckies doing what Cliff Duckies do!

My Cliff Ducky colony is still going after all these years, very happy to see they are sustainable. Males are orange, females are white/ marbled. VERY slow growing but one of the best lookin isopods out there.

10 Likes

Those guys are so cute! Congratulations on the long term colony! The orange color is really pretty! :+1::blush:

1 Like

That is totally wild! I (think) I remember the Porcellio ‘calicos’ as being sexually dichromic, but I didn’t know there were others, much less from an entirely different branch of the taxonomic tree.
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hello, I will receive some isopod this month ( Cliff Ducky, Green Goblin, Spinosus, Yellow Dust, Giant Raichu ). I saw that you have successfully with them. Can you save any tip to keeping them ? ( subtrate, diet, facility ). Thank you.

4 Likes

For cliff ducky, babies are super super tiny almost like springtail. I would suggest finding a good way to provide water without spraying the tub rather possibly with a tube that goes to the bottom of substrate so you don’t drown any babies and you can pour water in the tube to give humidity to the soil.

I hear giant yellow / Raichu like charcoal bricks to climb on but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Thabk you very much, and how about spinosus, I saw many people leave charcoal in their setup, what’s it benefit

3 Likes

Charcoal is for the springtails. They thrive with it and it is also used to create springtail colonies/growth)

1 Like

I would make a separate thread about the Pseudarmadillo spinosus. That way you’re much more likely to get relevant feedback, and this thread won’t go off-topic. :wink:

And- welcome to the forum! :smiley: If you haven’t already, you can make a post in the Introductions section to let us know more about you and any pets or projects you’re working on.

1 Like