Clutch #1 Has some weird stuff going on

Clutch #1: Coral Glow Pied X Het Pied. Still trying to figure out why these are coming out silver and black. Not sure about the father but I produced the mother and am 95% sure she isn’t Het Axanthic. Produced a silver and black snake last year from the same father but a different mother. At a year old, that snake is still very unusual for the pairing but isn’t silver anymore.

strong textstrong text

12 Likes

That bottom left one in particular is a real beauty! Will be interesting to see if it maintains (de-)coloration.

1 Like

It sure looks like both parents are Het Ax. I’ve produced clowns from an animal that I produced that shouldn’t have been het clown. But apparently somewhere down the line a parent of someone was het clown without knowing. Very lucky and nice surprise

4 Likes

The one on the right looked exactly like the one on the left last year but looks nothing like an Axanthic now.

8 Likes

Really Interesting clutch

1 Like

Yes it is, hope to prove it genetic. Have two more clutches in the incubator from the same father.

3 Likes

It’s very interesting! Please do let us know how the other clutches turn out =)

2 Likes

Yes, I will do that.

1 Like

Wow! That is a huge change! I wonder if there is a color-change morph that is yet undiscovered?

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the “after” pic next year for this clutch to see if they change too!

1 Like

Could be like the calicos in retics, they change when they hit maturity.

That’s amazing, work the project don’t sell em ! Could be an amazing new gene

2 Likes