I.
Just.
Can.
Not.
Catch.
A.
Break!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Three slugs and three veinless eggs… I threw the eggs in the incubator on the off chance that they might have delayed vein development, but I am not hopeful

2 Likes

I have been there! Seems like it always with out failure comes in bunches! I’m hopeful it will turn around for you!

1 Like

I only have two more potential clutches… Both of my Candino females resorbed on me…

At this moment, my best clutch has been from a female that I sent out on breeding loan.

1 Like

I didn’t produce any viable clutches this year, most of my females didn’t even go and my hognose girl completely slugged out both clutches.

I miiiight still get a clutch from my butter girl but I’m also gonna be taking her into the vet because her abscess keeps getting worse. Have an exam scheduled for the 30th, so crossing my fingers she does okay with it!

She’s been off food for like 3 months now, still has follicles but they don’t seem to have gotten any bigger or smaller, but she’s also not ovulated yet. Unsure what’s going on with her!

So yeah, I get it. Seems to be an off year for a lot of us!

1 Like

Do you think you could have had an extended heat spike causing fertility issues?

2 Likes

It has to be this year for everyone, omg

Only got two clutches this year and my 2nd one all molded up black after a week. So I have 5 eggs due to hatch in two weeks. A busted year for some of us!

1 Like

Last year was terrible for us. This year the average clutch size is around 9 eggs. I’ve already had several 10-12 egg clutches.

2 Likes

Nope, no heat spikes. All thermostats have been working well

You have your good years and you have your bad years. However it is disappointing when you get the bad years. Hopefully next year will make up for this year and then some. :+1:

2 Likes