Clutch # 5: Pied X Cinnamon Het Pied

15 Likes

Great odds! Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks, I thought that as well.

1 Like

Wow all those different genes from one clots that is amazing

Forgive the newbie. What’s the all white snake (including head)? I see pieds, cinnamon het pied, cinnamon pied, and…?

Beautiful by the way.

1 Like

Either a extremely high white piebald or both parents were carrying a BEL (Blue eyed leucistic) gene (Yellowbelly, mojave… Etc) and that is a BEL.

As even low white pieds normally show some form of head marking, my guess is both parents were YB… But that’s just a guess.

2 Likes

I think that it would be really awesome if the BEL was also pied…

1 Like

@lumpy It isn’t a BEL. Cinnamons can make all white pieds just like spiders can make all white pieds, and generally make very high white pieds. It isn’t a BEL or yellowbelly complex (two different things from my understanding) as the eyes wouldn’t be black. There are a couple examples of all white cinnamon pieds on the sold section on MM, one being a proven adult. That and I am pretty sure this breeder would know if their cinny had YB or anything else, as extra genes in cinnamons are pretty easy to see.

1 Like

You are right, my bad. YB X YB is a ivory :crazy_face:

It might just be me but I see blue not black eyes on that white snake.

I’m in no way questioning the breeders capabilities on IDing a snake, however we see big breeders discover that snakes they have bred for several years have a gene they didn’t know about. Due to near infinate variability, any morph can be present without necessarily showing through.

With all that being said, you are also right in saying Cinnamon produce high white pieds and I retract my above comment and go with a Cinnamon Pied :yum:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: New Mexico Breeder