Clutch number 4

Unfortunately, the slugs just keep killing me
:cry: :cry: :unamused:

7 Likes

What was the pairing? She is beautiful!

2 Likes

The dam (pictured) looks like an albino g-stripe.

1 Like

You win some, you lose some. Beautiful snake. Hopefully you hit the odds you wanted!

2 Likes

Got it in one!

:shushing_face:
Keeping the male on the down low for the time being

Yeah… But if you check my posts about clutches 1 and 2 you will see I got crappy viability on them as well. So it is getting kind of old :unamused:

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to breed geckos for years and I haven’t gotten a single fertile egg. By now 4 females should’ve laid at least 2 eggs each and I still haven’t gotten a single one. So, you have no room to complain. :upside_down_face:

Are you able to show pictures of the hatchlings when they hatch?

1 Like

Male may be infertile!
A friend purchased a beardie. Bright red, honestly amazing. So called proven. He’s been with 2 females now, Over 100 eggs from them both together and not a fertile one! So clearly he’s not fertile. Don’t think he’s going to bother putting him to anymore of his females now as is a waste! gutting…

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Do you candle them to see if fertile eggs?
That’s really strange if cresties aren’t laying for you!
Have they been with the Male much?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Knowing you work with acid, it makes me think it might be in the combo given how good g-stripe works with it. :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol I was thinking the same thing what was keeping it on the down low :joy:

1 Like

That is also what I was thinking, too. Which is also why I asked about the hatchlings as that might give a hint (and because I always want to see snakes).

1 Like

I don’t think that is an issue, that is why we are reptile enthusiasts

1 Like

Maaaaaaaaaaybe :crazy_face: :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Male is not infertile, he produced a viable, proven clutch before this one.

No Acid in this clutch. My only potential Albino Acid clutch (and only in house Acid clutch at all) just had its post-ov shed about a week ago.

I might wed the Albino Acid and GS Acid projects down the road a little, but right now they are on different trajectories

2 Likes