Co-Habitation GTP and BP

So I have a bio active set up for my GTP and was wondering since they are purely arboreal would putting a ball python inside be a bad idea? I know male BP don’t react well with each other. My GTP is a male and so is my BP. Just a question. Can’t wait for the responses.

I don’t think that would be a good idea.
Snakes don’t usually get along being together. Especially 2 males. I not sure what GTP is, but if it is a different species of snake. They might try to eat one another. Some of the others on here can probably tell you exactly why not to house them together.

4 Likes

This isn’t a good idea. In general snakes are best to be housed alone.

Green Tree Python

4 Likes

I agree just wanted to hear people opinions.

1 Like

Just got off work at 2:30 am. Wasn’t thinking clearly.

1 Like

Lol been on the overnight shift myself the last month or so I know the feeling.

I was put on 3rd shift. Probably 2 years ago. I don’t like it. But, the other person has seniority over me. I like 2nd better.
It pays the bill, so I make the most of it. Green Tree pythons are pretty.

2 Likes

along with the co habitation issues you can have with same species snakes ball pythons and GTP have different husbandry requirements as well.

4 Likes

That is true. Temps are different but a BP can sit comfortably at 85 which is what GTP need at most.

1 Like

This is definitely true, 85 wouldn’t be to low for a BP to be comfortable.
But the difference in humidity a GTP requires is far greater than what a BP would be comfortable at.
I personally wouldn’t house them together, but they aren’t my snakes and everyone can do as they like with their reptiles. As long as they are healthy and thriving, I don’t see a problem doing what you think is acceptable.

2 Likes

Yeah the humidity is way different. It might be ok as long as you don’t have any standing water.

Might be ok is the key word tho. I personally wouldn’t risk it but in the end it’s completely up to you.

1 Like

I’m definitely not risking it lol. Was just curious about the responses I would get.

3 Likes