Coldblooded app

Hmmmmm. I have seen this attitude on the MMC a few times……

3 Likes

The very worst I noticed a while ago was a political statement regarding the Palestinians’ thoughts of what should be done with Israel. I am posting this as delicately as possible so as not to get flagged/reported myself.

This statement had absolutely no need to be on CB because it has NOTHING to do with reptiles, no matter what political position you take. Someone must have reported it because it went away. I didn’t realize there was a report option at the time. Again I am not taking a side here. I am just saying that this post should not have appeared and to go a bit further, imo whoever did this should be banned permanently from CB. But judging from the above, this probably did not happen……

And at times it does seem like a “dating” app as well……

7 Likes

My main use of the app is to see people sharing their animals photos and to see people being nice and sometimes to ask for help or share experiences. Never seen NSFW luckily, that really sucks. I think the person that replied to you was being extreme about it, I’m someone who is fairly anti-tubs but tubs and racks can be good if used properly with enough space… The issue with hots is a big one, I think free handling can be done by people with lots of experience and who have raised the snake. Free handling shouldn’t be encouraged to beginners which is why disclaimers should be used. The only reason I like seeing or would ever like seeing free handling of hots is that it can represent that venomous snakes are not filled with rage and can be calm near a human, that they are just snakes with extra danger, not something to be exterminated from the world.

6 Likes

I have to agree with you on that. I wanted to say things about some of the conditions I seen, but held back. It would have just turned into a fight.

4 Likes

If you can only use $300 self but enclosures, then all these other snakes out there must be very unhealthy :rofl:

4 Likes

I forgot about all the self pictures they keep posting. I though tit was for reptiles not a dating site.

4 Likes

I think I’ve even seen someone suggesting making a dating app version or adding that kind of feature… I could be mistaken though. The idea of them adding a “single” option to your profile alone makes it seem like a dating app.

3 Likes

I’ve scrolled through some users uploading multiple user photos one after the other…and MAYBE one reptile photo. If feels like half of those photos are sometimes the bathroom glamour or muscle shows. Maybe a little less the last couple times I peeked though…

I’m here for like… Geckos and snakes. Not a close up of your pecs my dude and dudettes. Please… Don’t show me photos of your snake in your cleavage or splayed across your lap.

I couldn’t even report someone once because they deleted the comment when I told them they were being a creeper now…
But they turned around and told someone who was shocked by someone hitting them up for a sexual relationship in DMs something along the lines of “yeah that’s gross. I’d just ask for the sex”.

This is absolutely a comment I would joke with a very small circle of my closest friend…not an absolute stranger on a public page.

Just weird behavior all around at times.

5 Likes

I completely agree. It needs to be separate from MM. With it being linked, anyone can follow you over to MM and keep running their mouth.

5 Likes

I just went ahead and deleted my account. Its just too ridiculous.

5 Likes

Dang, you’re right. I’m naive. I didn’t actually think about that point. I was thinking more about how different the whole concepts of MMC and CB appear to be. Thinking that, I don’t know, maybe some folks would steer clear of MMC because of the association. Might not happen, but I was thinking something like, what if the makers of “Sesame Street” were also sponsoring “Sense8?” Just leaves a mental bad taste.

I am not naive enough to believe this world occur often, if at all. But still.

4 Likes

I use it just to scroll through cool pictures of animals. I can easily ignore other things and I’m not easily offended so I guess I’ll keep it. Its easy enough to just scroll over things that you might not like. Ill still share pics of my boas if anyone is still over there, lol. I dont honestly see how the little negative over rides the many awesome photos of some killer reptiles and awesome people that are on there but to each there own.

7 Likes

The internet is a weird place!

And one of these days I’ll figure out how to use the quote feature on here without multiple attempts.

Now get off my lawn!!! :joy:

5 Likes

Lol, fair.
I at least know where to keep my weird posts and NSFW art. It’s X.

Not before telling you you can highlight the thing you want to quote and select copy quote to add it to an already quoted reply~
Steps off lawn

8 Likes

Thanks! I think I am finally getting the hang of it.

:::mutters to self:::: getting to old for this $h1t

7 Likes

Good to see you again. I haven’t seen a post from you for a while, but then again, I done venture out of my select few groups to often. I hope everything is going good for you.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty much where I’m at with it. While I’ve seen a little of what’s being discussed here, those things seem relatively few and far between overall, at least for now. And I do really enjoy looking at all the pictures of awesome animals and cool setups.

Of course, I’ve only been using CB for a few weeks, so maybe I just haven’t been there long enough to see the really egregious stuff. But at least for now, pretty pictures seem to outnumber idiotic posts.

6 Likes

I’m not on it enough to notice every detail but I agree. For now it appears the good outweighs the bad for my needs at least. Theres a few people on there that I interact with but I’m a sucker for awesome reptile photo bombs. Lol

6 Likes

Other than my previous post of the 2 detractors, I agree with @dsed & @jawramik. I have not seen anything else on CB that would cause me not to continue to scroll through occasionally to check out the cool reptile pictures. And there are some very nice people there including @dsed and @jawramik who post there occasionally as well.

7 Likes

Most of the horrible stuff seems to have happened within the first couple of months. However the amount of stuck up people and unhealthy animals seems to have been increasing

5 Likes