Coldblooded app

I just uninstalled Coldblooded. I have noticed that it is becoming more like Facebook. Putting people down, rude comments, post that are not true from being unexperienced or un educated people. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed or done the same thing.

9 Likes

I have also started to notice that. Along with what you said, it also seems to be becoming a place people use for some free advertising and it makes me a bit sad how many of those appear to be unhealthy

11 Likes

Yeah, like the person who came for you for suggesting a tub from Target as a cheap enclosure, and then claimed that ball pythons wonā€™t thrive if you donā€™t spend hundreds of dollars on their setup. :roll_eyes:

I mostly just like looking at the pictures. But Iā€™ve definitely seen some stuff that has reminded me of why I gave up on social media years ago.

10 Likes

I havenā€™t used it much at all since it launched, always seemed to me like the whole point was just to be the new home for the herp folks of FB, down to the design itself.

It doesnā€™t add anything new, doesnā€™t have anything that makes me want to be active there, there arenā€™t any features that make it superior to any of the social media platforms out there aside the fact that it caters to the hobby. Itā€™s kind of like how some ā€œreptileā€ products are just rebranded everyday things that neednā€™t have been.

9 Likes

While being 3x the price of course! That special reptiles sand that abolutely isnā€™t play sand is special and needs to be $20!!

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been calling it ā€˜reptile Facebookā€™ from day oneā€¦
Especially with the number of profile pics that seemed to be thirst trap photosā€¦

And having some people make sexist remarks, like when two gals won a giveaway. 9_9
Or someone who was DMing random gals about a starting a relationship.

The thing that miffed me was the people working with hots just casually posting freehandled animals with no little disclaimer or anything. Especially when things like the new keepers or uneducated see themā€¦ I worry about the next US Ark post about hots getting loose or biting someone.

Iā€™ll pop on to post every now and then
ā€¦ Or to scroll a bit and comment on something here or thereā€¦which last time was trying to explain something very common to someone who hadnā€™t known.

Sucks that some of the extremists popped up to complain about tubs too.

10 Likes

Yeah, I noticed and was bothered by that too.

7 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I have absolutely no problem with people being responsible and posting freehandled hots with like, ā€œthis animal is one I worked with extensively, please donā€™t try this at homeā€ or whateverā€¦

But a photo captioned like, ā€œjust chillingā€ with a viper around your neck? Ugh.

8 Likes

This is one thing that Coldblooded really falls short on. At least here on the MRC, we have defined guidelines on what is accepted and what is not.

A good example is no feeding photos allowed because of how it can be used against us. With Coldblooded, the TOS is incredibly vague, gives no examples, and Iā€™m not even sure what level of moderation goes on, if any, outside of anything being reported (which, imo, you cannot rely solely on users to report content at all times). This is the entire user conduct section. Not a single example of prohibited behavior or posts.

Thereā€™s currently a feeding photo in the latest posts on Coldblooded.

Whatā€™s the point of the rules here if all it takes for someone to gather evidence of keepers being irresponsible or doing things that may reflect badly on the hobby is to go to an affiliated site and just trawl postings?

8 Likes

I have seen someone I reported get suspended. But only because it was one of those ā€œball python for rehomingā€ scam users.

6 Likes

At least they take down scammers.

I did just report a post myself and noticed thatā€™s another issue. All you can do is report, you canā€™t actually make a note as to why youā€™re reporting, itā€™s a simple binary: report/unreport.

8 Likes

Yeah when these first started popping up I was just like ā€œumm, whaaat?ā€ Not that I am a prude or offended by it, I just didnā€™t get it. Is this really the forum to flaunt your stuff and seek validation? I remember someone posted a picture of a womanā€™s naked ass stuck up in the air with a snake crawling down the crack of her ass. Are we really doing that here? I guess it was artsy? :person_shrugging:t2: Hah.

I post and comment occasionally but Iā€™ve given up on trying to give advice anywhere. Too many loud mouth my way is the only way types out there these days. FB is horrible. Iā€™ll never share my opinion because there is always some key board warrior waiting to jump down your throat and tell you that you are wrong because they have a single piece of anecdotal evidence that proves their point.

10 Likes

i believe that it was actually 2 vipers. Like why only put one snake the can kill you when you can put two instead! :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

That was one of the absolute worst things I have seen over on CB. It was even worse that I was scrolling on my school Chromebook in the middle of class after finishing my work. I was so lucky I was in the back of the class. :melting_face: But either way; why canā€™t people keep that kind of stuff to themselves?

9 Likes

This is one of the things about that kind of content that really bothers me. The site is technically all ages, thereā€™s no mention of age in the TOS at all. What is CB doing to protect users, especially younger users, from NSFW content, if anything?

10 Likes

Itā€™s so weird. Like ā€¦ Go to tinder or Grindr.
I have done NSFW art for commissions and suchā€¦ But thereā€™s a place for that and CB is not it. XD

And yeahā€¦ Thatā€™s such a sucky situation for you Logar.

8 Likes

Iā€™m sadly disappointed with CB. I did understand that the plan was always to be more loosely regulated than the community here. That said, I confess that Iā€™m more than a bit bothered that itā€™s ā€¦ whatever it is. Too much garbage, too much negativity, too much bad behalf, too much inappropriate material, too much junk. Too much like the other social media sites I avoid for all of those reasons.

I donā€™t understand the logic for its affiliation with MM. Thatā€™s above my pay grade, but I find it sad.

10 Likes

And since talking about it had me curiousā€¦went browsing a little

I just went and hit report on a post that definitely looks like a scam.
User with 2 posts. One is an AI gen or filter portrait. The other, a raffle for real money. PM for the payment link.

Like. If this is somehow NOT a scamā€¦ Still technically not something you can legally do on most websites. Since raffles are considered gambling.

Edit: @caryl
Totally understandable to feel that way. I think it may have had good intentions originally. Especially with how overrun with scammers the actual FB reptile groups are. Seriously itā€™s disgusting thereā€¦ But CB has definitely been let down and poorly rolled out.
If it had been given more time to bake and not just be a Facebook reskin and given a proper set of rules and admins/mods, it could have had potential

7 Likes

Iā€™ve just avoided it entirely. I donā€™t use any social media. Theyā€™re all way too toxic and tend to host way too much inappropriate content. Like @armiyana said, thereā€™s a place for that kind of content, and a website that should be suitable for any age range isnā€™t the place for it.

I feel like a lot of the community here has slowed down significantly in the last few months, I just assumed the vast majority of people went over to CB, but maybe Iā€™m wrong.

6 Likes

Oh yikes! I donā€™t venture onto CB because Iā€™m perfectly content with the content format here on MM, but now I WONā€™T be headed over there at all. I scroll MM while in class too, and even though there arenā€™t any minors in my classes, thatā€™s still not something anyone wants to pop up!

6 Likes

Im pretty much a scroller over there, just looking at pictures with an occasional comment. Mostly comment on the tarantula photos though.

I do report posts quite often. Especially those with inappropriate language/content.

7 Likes