Collection Photos [Biological Canvas]

I love the clarity that you are able to capture.

1 Like

Thanks Riley!

Full Frame DSLR with a 60mm macro lens. Been using this lens for nearly 15 years! Bounce flash really helps light them up well.

Snapped a couple photos of my second pairing of this season. Pastel Dreamsicle male in with a Dreamsicle female. Full clutch of dreamsicles, woohoo!

16 years ago with a nice normal boa!

8 Likes

Congratulation on the super awesome clutch coming :crossed_fingers:
Nice boa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2019 YB Pied Het Lav

She’s the mom to my Pastel YB Dreamsicle clutch laid in June. She’s in a 70 series ARS tub with a hide on reptizorb liner.

8 Likes

She is pretty, I love pieds :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I did find that method really interesting. I’m not a breeder so I don’t really have much need for it but it’s intriguing nonetheless. Beautiful kids though well done.

2 Likes

YB Dreamsicle Female update photos.

This girl just weighed in at 280 grams and had a fresh shed. She was the obvious brightest of the clutch. It will be interesting watching her develop alongside her Pastel YB Dreamsicle sibling. J. Kobylka says the pastel yb version will hold better color as an adult vs straight yb. I’m noticing the pastel version gaining color/contrast but the YB might be as well, definitely holding strong. Too early to tell but it will be fun to compare them both at 1000g+.

She was super squirmy for this photo shoot. I wanted to get better full body shots but she was not cooperating. One of the most impressive things about her to me is how much color reaches down into her sides and even “bleeds” into the whites. The whites are very “crisp” as well, it’s hard to explain. Her color is very strong head to tail.

10 Likes

Super cool, you have added dreamsicles to my top 3 morph combos list. I love all the contrast and color that yours have.

2 Likes

I really like how busy her patterning is.

2 Likes

You have some of the nicest ball pythons I’ve ever seen. That boa you had was really nice too.

4 Likes

Thanks! Glad to have inspired you to get into dreamsicles. They are what drew me to ball pythons and my first major project. I think they’re amazing and there’s much to be done still refining them.

Thanks Randy. We found her pattern has some letters in it that look like eEEc. Pretty cool!

Thanks so much. I’ve put a lot of effort towards getting the best animals I could find and it has yielded some exceptional offspring I think. Just getting started though! I appreciate the kind words.

3 Likes

Confusion BlackHead Lavender 50% Het Pied Male

A bit chilly from shipping in these photos. I bet he will color up even more when he warms up.

I think he will prove het pied given the strong tracks and striping near his tail. The white highlights on his lips and sides are unreal. So much white space and bright contrast. Confusion is amazing in lavender. Very happy to get this guy! My dreamsicle project is stacking up nicely!

And here you can kinda see how he has the typical het pied “tracks” leading to the vent, in addition to the striping. Very good sign he’s going to prove out het pied!

10 Likes

2021 Pastel Dreamsicle Male @ 225+ grams

Continuous changing light due to cloud cover made white balancing these shots difficult but managed some good ones regardless.

10 Likes

You make me want to get into ball pythons.

Please take this as a complement :grin:
3 Likes

This guy was in shed when I took my initial photos and I didn’t realize it. Fresh round of photos outside this morning.

Confusion BlackHead Lav 50% Het Pied Male

12 Likes

Happy to take off your hands. :joy:

WOW!!
Now that’s a bright Snake :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks Elisha!

I was looking at some photos I took of my last dreamsicle clutch outside comparing their newborn post 1st shed photos to now and it’s incredible how much color they have pulled in

Pastel Dreamsicle then and now, 2.5 months of color change:

8 Likes

That’s a massive difference!
I’d love to see the rest in a then and now pic when you have the time.

And those pieds of yours may be some of the nicest I’ve seen :relaxed:

6 Likes

Thanks!

The other two dreamsicles from the clutch, a YB dream and a Pastel YB dream, I haven’t got updated outside photos of. I’ve really been liking how these outdoor photos are coming out so I’ll get some updated ones of those two within the next week or two. Slowly honing in on my snake photographing skills again!

3 Likes

Pastel YB Dreamsicle Female

440g

Check out her color change from hatchling to now.

12 Likes