Corn snake ID?

I was given this snake as a trade. They said it was a female butter corn.
I was hoping any experts on here could maybe verify that it is. I’m not familiar with corns, just thought she was pretty, but she doesn’t look like any butter corns I’ve seen listed.

4 Likes

Butter is made up of amelanistic and caramel. She doesn’t look like a butter (according to the marketplace). Since the amel (albino) causes the red, orange, yellow colors then I’m thinking she might just be a caramel.

2 Likes

Nope, definitely not a butter! Looks to be a ghost (anery plus hypo) or possibly a light anery. She’s too pale with not enough browns/yellows and too much gray to be a caramel, in my opinion. And the silver eyes look typical of a ghost as well.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was noticing the albino eyes as well and figured I would ask.
I don’t mind that she isnt but it would be nice to have some sort of idea what she might be. Corns just are new to me and look so different from babies to adults

1 Like

I will definitely look at some ghosts and compare them to her! thank you for your input

Agreed 110%, they change so much as they get older. I tried learning their morphs, but it’s sooo complicated lol. This website helped a lot though, should take a look: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?sid=f5ebf0bf1cd700cf831e908f807aaa73

2 Likes

Thanks! I definitely will!

So my first instinct was to say Caramel as others have. But a light Anery isn’t out of the question either. Leaning more towards Anery is because the Caramels I’ve had or seen tend to swing more yellow than that.

2 Likes

Definitely a ghost, looks exactly like my ghost boy, colour wise.

2 Likes

Yes! I think she’s ghost for sure after looking at a few examples :blush:
I absolutely love this girl, she’s so quirky haha

4 Likes