Could someone help me ID this girl

She was sold to me as a butter granite, but upon looking at them I believe she may have another gene or be a different shake all together.

3 Likes

Butter and granite are very variable morphs so probably @stewart_reptiles and @nathan_e would be a better help

Hmm this is definitely a interesting butter right here. I am suspecting maybe leopard if there is anything else just because of the dorsal stripe but even then it would have to be a very low expression leopard. Other than that I would say I agree with it being a just butter granite from the breeder.

3 Likes

How old is this animal? Almost looks like a faded soul sucker. Granite has like 50 million lines lol most of them are dominant. A few are co dominant. So you will see a huge variance of what is labeled as granite. Definitely a interesting looking snake.

3 Likes

I do not think this is a SoulSucker, the colour is wrong, even for an adult.

I am wondering if perhaps this is a SuperGranite as opposed to just a simple granite. And Nathan might be correct on Leopard being present, but that neck mark is very unLeopard so I am not fully convinced.

2 Likes

@t_h_wyman that’s an interesting thought. I myself have never seen a super granite in person. I don’t know of anyone who I deal with that works with a incomplete dominant line of granite. It’s kinda my wholly grail lol. I agree the color being off for a soul sucker. The pattern is what reminded me of a soul sucker.

You probably do know some inc-dom Granite lines, you just do not know that because they have some other name pasted on them LOL

Check out the Carbon/Covalent morph. It is a good example:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m going to look into it. Closest thing I have going is a dwarf Burmese albino granite project lol.

3 Likes

kind of reminds me of a black pastel butter yellowbelly granite. :woman_shrugging: just a guess at this point
Granite is one of those i have real trouble with just because it is one of those morphs that has no standard good example because there are 20 plus different lines

3 Likes