Craigslist ad

I hate seeing stuff like this, no wonder the poor thing won’t eat. I sent them some information but I’m tempted to buy the poor thing. Look at the water. :disappointed:

1 Like

:sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat: my heart…

2 Likes

Is their substrate fabric?! Yikes.

2 Likes

Yes, looks like a silk blanket :disappointed:

I don’t usually recommend buying these (though, this is was a one-time pet for the owner) but you might be able to see if they’ll let you have just the snake (if you have an enclosure). They obviously don’t want the snake and they can still sell the supplies.

4 Likes

Their response to my advice and they removed the post.

2 Likes

You did all you can. Some people don’t understand the care requirements of snakes (not always from their fault). You might be able to buy her if you want to try rescuing but other than that there’s nothing you can really do now.

3 Likes

I told them I would buy her and they responded. I hope the snake really did go to a good home. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I would honestly quit responding, all they want is a rise out of you. Waste of time, glad she’s with a happier family that can put the poor noodle on some correct substrate and a clean fresh water bowl. I imagine she decided to eat with her new family as they corrected all of the errors the previous owner should of done to begin with.

6 Likes

I did . :blush: I hope so.

2 Likes

I know there are a few people out there like that, but i prefer to believe its fake Ad with other motives.

I must admit though, I have seen an ad for an adult ball python who only eat pink mice and looked like string. (in the UK equivalent to craigslist)
I said my view and was blocked as expected.

4 Likes

I had a similar encounter a year ago and it was so dissapppointing. Someone was trying to sell this ball python that apparently someone had given them and it was beyond emaciated, had multiple layers of stuck shed and the husbandry was all wrong. I inquired about it and they wanted $400 for this snake, I think it was a male mojave or lesser, athough hard to tell from all the stuck shed. I told them I wasn’t paying that for snake that was literally on death’s door and tried to give them advice on how to care for it in the meantime until they sold it or I would pay market price for a male lesser/butter and rehabilate it myself. Pretty much got the same reaction, they were rude, unwilling to bargain or accept help for the snake. I hope it eventually made it’s way to a better home, but given how bad of a condition it was in and the fact that the person refused to negotiate, I doubt it. It probably died there.

3 Likes

All this is so damaging to the hobbie. But there is always the tiny minority that will make it difficalt for the rest of us, whatever the subject.
This is starting to make me to think I should do more and report in future to the RSPCA (animal welfare people in UK)

3 Likes

RSPCA are ‘in my opinion’ rubbish unfortunately. I myself and friends and family have called and reported animals, the care of animals, injured animals and so on and they basically say they won’t do anything. Or will put down etc. Or oh if you can catch it then we will see if we can help.
I go to Secret world regarding wild animals now and any up for sell in a bad way I report other ways.
Never have gotten help from RSPCA so I wouldn’t recommend them.

6 Likes

Oh, your Uk too. I googled Secret world and will try them next time.
Yes RSPCA (Royal Society for Protection of Animals) are not ball python experts. they have some strange and uniformed husbandry demands for rehoming.

3 Likes

I searched secret world too as of never heard of them. Worth keeping a note of.

It’s such a shame that people don’t look after animals well :pensive:

3 Likes