Crested concern- advice needed

I don’t have a picture of my Crested Gecko, but my little guy has one webbed foot, This is on the
left back foot and I don’t know if this is normal for crested geckos.
I don’t know if I should be concerned or if this will affect his climbing.

If you have any information or if this is normal please comment, thanks☺

2 Likes

Try get a picture as unsure what you mean, could be a birth defect or even shed.

4 Likes

I totally agree with @ghoulishcresties , it’s not really possible to help you without clear pictures. Try to get both sides of the foot you are worried about, as up-close as possible while still in focus.

3 Likes

We like pictures! Webbed foot or not! Lol! :lizard::blush:

1 Like

Yes please send pic as hard to say without pics

Ill se if i can get one, I’m out of town right now

1 Like

how long have you had him? if it looks like the rest of his body and was like that when you got him(assuming it has been at least one shed since you got him and he has correct humidity) it is probably a birth defect. I have 2 toes on each foot that are webbed and it doesn’t affect me at all(I actually really like having webbed toes; makes me unique😉). But if you haven’t had him for more than a few weeks or it doesn’t look like the rest of his body it could very easily be stuck shed or something else. I have never heard of a crestie with a webbed foot so can’t say if it will affect his climbing. hopefully it is nothing to worry about but can’t say without a pic

1 Like

From what I have heard, I think this is a birth defect. I don’t think it is stuck shed. Though I have had him for over 2 weeks so I have not seen him shed yet. He was very cheap compared to the other animal that the show, I did not look hard at him till I got home and found his foot, so I got him with this foot, This is not the same on the other feet

1 Like

If you think it is a birth defect then it most likely is plus the fact that it was cheaper makes it even more likely. It is kind of annoying that the breeder didn’t tell you but as long as he is healthy it isn’t a huge deal but I just wouldn’t buy from that specific breeder again. I don’t think it will affect him too much as long as he still has toe pads and can still hold onto things. Also when do you think you will be able to get a picture just to make sure we know for sure?

1 Like

I cant tell you now but I can get it sometime this week

Ok. Do you know how old he is and what his weight is(it’s fine if you don’t i don’t know my cresties weight :wink: )? I just want to know to make sure he is at a good size and make sure his defect isn’t affecting him negatively!

He’s very young I’d say about 1 month old and he seems pretty normal, Again I’m out of town so I don’t have a good estimate but id say he’s about 2 grams

A month old?
That’s too young to even sell…

And 2g??

You’ve had him just over 2 weeks too??

Sorry the breeder should not of sold that young and at that weight at all! 2 weeks old and they’re selling?! They hatch out at 2g! That’s a breeder I’d stay away from…
That’s awful!

2 Likes

I agree this gecko should not have been sold! Too many things can go wrong with babies if not cared for properly at such a young age.

I have purchased babies small, but I’m experienced, although probably still shouldn’t of been sold.

I wouldn’t sell below 6g, and even that feels small (I haven’t sold my offspring yet as they so tiny)

2 Likes

Yes, Most of there animal’s tails were dropped, I could tell that these animals needed TLC.

1 Like

Why did you buy from that breeder if the geckos didn’t look in good condition? Did you not realize they were in not great condition looking back or did you notice when buying the gecko?

I did not look hard, I’m pretty new to all this herping stuff that I did not know that is kinda a big deal.

1 Like

Every single person makes mistakes when they are new to the hobby and as long as you learn it is perfectly fine to make mistakes. Experienced people have made mistakes much worse than new keepers like you. as long as you learn from this, it is a good experience to have :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes