Crested gecko enclosure question

Is a 18x18x24 to big for a baby crested gecko that is 3 months old some say it is others say it is not what is you guys opinion

From what I’ve heard, it’s best to give a baby crestie less space, so they can find the food, and not be as stressed. I think the food is the biggest reason to stay smaller for a bit, since they’re not always super smart, and won’t be able to find it.

If it’s set up correctly with tons of cover it shouldn’t be a problem - in the wild they’re able to find their food just fine even though there’s much further between it. That being said, it might be difficult for you to keep up with how it’s doing and such, bigger enclosure also means moving more which means more calories spent so it might not grow as fast. So I generally recommend something smaller until about 10-15g at least :blush:

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t put a baby straight in there as they might find it harder to find food and more chance of hurting themselves. Plus finding them would be harder!

I also like to do bioactive enclosures so I’d need the enclosure to establish before a gecko can go in there.

Again this is just my preference