Crested Gecko Morph Identification help

I need help Identifying my Cresties. When they were sold to me they said the male they believe was a pinstripe and they didnt know the other morph. They had babies as well so I’ll upload some pictures and hopefully it helps. I know they change colors when I try and get pictures of them so if I need to take more for identifying I will. I appreciate all help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The first looks like a patternless. The second is a dashed/partial pinstripe harlequin.

4 Likes

Male is a pin dash harlequin and the female is a patternless :blush:

3 Likes

So I was trying to figure out what my offspring are through a morph calculator and I just seen this website that said their offspring could be anything. Morph Calculators - A-V Geckos UK
Is there a website calculator or something that shows all the possible offspring? Or a link or something where I could learn what the offspring are?

2 Likes

For crested geckos the morphs are polymorphic (compared to mendelian inheritance recessive or dominant; with the exception of a few morphs like lily white). So if you were to mix the patterns of the two parents together that’s how the offspring could look. The morph names are only used to describe the gecko, not predict it.

3 Likes

You will get out a mix of parents and also other morphs, depends on the grandparents and their lines! Kinder surprises basically!
Hence why one of your babies has Dal spots. Could be in the line somewhere!

2 Likes

I see one patternless with portholes and then partial Pinstripes/ harlequins, and pin dashes. If you want to add a photo of each baby I will tell you them all :blush:

4 Likes

I agree, female is a patternless and male is a pin dash, as for colours… Would need to see a pic of them fired up.

With the babies, I see a mix of patternless and partial pinstripes / harlequins.

Cresties are worth more if they come with lineage, this will help to determine what Cresties you are likely to produce… Without lineage you don’t know what Cresties you might produce, yes they can look like the parents but you can get quite a few kinder surprises in the mix.

3 Likes

The first two photos and the last two photos I have posted are of the adults. Guess I messed up on the order… can yall tell what the babies might be off these photos ? And is there a reference page or something yall suggest where I can start learning to tell what morphs I have In the future ? I appreciate all the responses!!

1 Like

They’re all either patternless, partial pin or harlequin pin dash :blush:

4 Likes

If you want to put up pics numbered I can tell you them all :grin:

3 Likes

I agree with @ghoulishcresties regarding offspring. Really need closer pics that are numbered and ideally fired up.

I have created a guide here if you would like to check it out however I’m still updating it with pics.

here is my opinion for the baby pics but please bare in mind that not all the pics show the morphs well so I could be wrong with a few.

1. Partial pin, harlequin with portholes
  2. Partial pin, portholes with Dal spots
  3. Same as 1
  4. Left - partial pin
    Right - pin dash
    Bottom - partial pinstripe with portholes
  5. Patternless with portholes
  6. Partial pin, harlequin with portholes
  7. Top - pin dash
    Left - pin dash
    Right - partial pin

They are basically similar morphs to the parents

2 Likes

Here are some of the photos with them fired up. If this helps with identifying them better. I put them in a dark room for 30 mins and sprayed some water… I took before and after photos I’ll upload now :slight_smile:

1 Like

1- partial Pinstripe with Dal spots
2- partial pinstripe
3- partial Pinstripe with Dal spots
4- partial Pinstripe
5- patternless
6- patternless
All have portholes also.
They’re basically all the same, if you see any spots appear then they have Dal spots. Unless on the patternless, they’ll then be Dalmatians.

3 Likes

@ghoulishcresties you seem to beat me to answering lol :sweat_smile:

I agree with above only difference I see is:

Looks like they all have portholes
I can’t see any spots on 3
4 is also a harlequin
5 looks like it has dal spots

2 Likes