Crested gecko red spots

I was wondering if someone might be able to answer my question about red spots.

My Crestie, Fudge, has red spots, but he also has some black spots. Do black spots start off red and turn black, or are the red spots likely to stay?
I’m just curious as I will be pairing him (probably next year) with an orange brindle to see if I can get some get the spots on an orange Crestie, but would be great if red spots were in the genes too. I can only see the spots clearly when his unfired like in the pic below.

Thanks

2 Likes

Colour of them won’t change!
You get black/red/orange/white spots, ink spots, oil spotting, cluster spotting etc. There’s a lot. We have cresties here with black and red spotting, ink, cluster and oil and now Spike has recently come out with a yellow one on his head and big mama has one too on her!
Orange cresties with red spots are awesome! Our girly is a tangerine with them and the contrast looks really cool IMO!
So they won’t change! And touch wood will be passed on! Our last 4 hold backs from big mama and Kaneki pairing had red spots. But i don’t know if any of the others developed them down the line!

3 Likes

That’s cool, I just noticed a couple weeks ago that one of my geckos had some red spots, I’m really looking forward to hatchlings.

2 Likes

Would be nice to see some pics of Cresties with red spots.

Fudge is amazing with colour, his got some reddish lines and bits along his dorsal too.

This is him fired up

3 Likes

Here’s a few pictures I just took, I think my male (Rex) also has them but he’s hidden and I can’t get pictures right now. This is one of Monkey’s spots that are currently visible.

3 Likes

Akira, Dolly, Naruto, Big Mama, Penny and tangerine holdback have red spots. Also my other holdback super dal has red spots also. Think that’s it? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t see the red spots? Any more pics?
Also monkey is a brilliant name :joy::heart:

1 Like

It’s small but it’s right above the eye. When I get home I can get some more pictures. I always try to give my reptiles funny names.

1 Like

Oh it is tiny, think i see It! :blush:
Our daughter named our male southern toad Bee… And my fat tail is Grandpa, and a Crestie called Big Mama, Think they’re the strangest names my lot have… :sweat_smile:
If they knew their names they’d probably hate me :joy:

2 Likes

I wish I did that. I started out with hot beverages for names like Coco then moved on to syrups like Cinnamon, however I’m struggling for names now :astonished:

2 Likes

i really love the red/black combo and id love to own one one day. on my bucket list for sure.(dalmations of all kinds have my heart)

I know FringeMorphs has them, they call them confetti/mardi gras as far as i know.

1 Like

They usually have red, black and yellow!
My new addition, the phantom Lillywhite with only red spots, his mum was a confetti! So hoping he passes other colours on!
They’re a lush, the more spots the better! :grin: