Crested gecko stuck shed

She’s doing good. Still not completely free of the stuck bit… but she’s happy, eating a pooping. I wish it was gone already.

She hasn’t used her moss box at all but I put it right under her favorite nap spot. Doing HEAVY misting morning and night. A mid day one if the furnace has been on in my house. Seems like I need to to keep her humidity up. Not sure where it’s all going. I have a towel on top of the screen infront of her light fixture. I even soak that down.
Seems like I’m having to do a lot to keep it where it needs to be 😮‍💨

I was about to say cover half of the lid to keep the humidity in.

Your house must be quite dry, do you have many plants? If so maybe pop don’t next to her enclosure, as when you water them, it will help to keep the air around it humid, which in turn might help with humidity inside.

I have plenty of plants near mine, but when it is cold outside and I have the heating on the humidity get lower than I’d like, so I cover half of the top with tin foil for a few weeks.

I have also used tubs of warm water nearby on rare occasions.

I recently decided to put my airer in the same room as the Cresties.

It’s not that bad… better than other peoples places I’ve been too. I do live in southern Alberta though. So dry and windy here this time of year. I have what I proudly call a jungle in the main part of my house with skylights haha My house is only 700sq feet with no hallways. Tiny and 100yo but adorable.
The room she is in is my guest room with not a ton of light so I don’t have plants in there. She has two real ones in her terrarium but they are small now. I shower with the door open to her room every day :sweat_smile:
I’m thinking I need to put a humidifier in that room for her. She used to be in my bedroom where I didn’t have problems but her new setup won’t fit.
I’ll try the tinfoil though.
I’m on disability recovering now so I’m home and can mist her mid day which helps keep it on the higher end for her eyes.

The extra mist will certainly help.

Hope your okay!

There are plenty of plants that don’t like much sunlight so there is always the option in the long run.

It does!
I’m alright, thank for asking :slightly_smiling_face: a lot better now than before surgery that’s for sure. Recovering from hip surgery and it’s a long up and down journey but it’s getting there.

True! I guess I haven’t because most of those are poisonous like snake plant or pothos and my cat eats plants like crazy. I need to put up shelving and stands so she can’t get to them :woman_facepalming:t2: I have about 40 plants in my main part and many hanging from the ceiling so she can’t reach haha
I like your idea because it gives me an excuse to go get more plants! Lol

1 Like

Can never have too many plants :grin:

I never use to be good with plants, accept orchids.

Then we got an allotment, which got me into growing plants so I decided to take cuttings of indoor plants and growing them on :seedling:

1 Like