Crested gecko won't stick

Hello I have 4 crested geckos all eating pangea and repasphy. My concern is 3 out of 4 is having issue sticking to glass and sliding around like a puck. One of mine, idk what I did right, is finally sticking. i spray once a day at night, and let it dry out. but every time they try, they slide off the glass of fall. I try to add branches and things for them to climb but i see they still try to climb the side of the glass and gets disappointed every time. Please help. humidity is always at 50-80%

1 Like

@ghoulishcresties

3 Likes

Have they been checked for stuck shed/food on their toes?

2 Likes

Do you have a pic of the setup?

Do the Geckos toes look normal?

1 Like

This is one of the set up I just misted it this evening but when dried out in the morning and throughout the day it still doesn’t stick please help
1 Like

I’ve tried letting the tank dry out, I’ve try keeping it humid. nothing seems to work

1 Like

I’ve tried to do the soak and everything for all of them, sometimes they’ll stick and sometimes they have a hard time sticking. I’m not sure what I’m doing right or wrong. Their toes are super soft and flexible i’m assuming. Sorry It’s my first time owning crested and I want to be a good owner

2 Likes

I’ve done the soak for them all and it doesn’t seem to do anything much

1 Like

If they have something stuck they’d usually need a bit of help after the soak to get it of - gently with your fingers or a cottonswap. Also; what are you feeding them?

1 Like

Your pic didn’t load. You need to wait until it’s loaded

1 Like

I feed them Pangea and repaphsy. For some reason my images can’t load on here but it’s a normal expo terra with fake plants bamboo and some barks for them to climb

1 Like

If you select the carousel images option, the image has to go in between the code, where it says add images here, or it won’t show up. Fixed it for you and you should now be able to see it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are all 4 crested Geckos in the 1 enclosure?

Do you have any pics of the Geckos?

Sometimes baby Geckos take a little while to stick to glass properly

No, they are in different enclosures

1 Like

1 Like

So not a baby gecko :sweat_smile:

Do you use tap water? I ask because my tap water is EXTREMELY hard and produces limescale super quick, which the Geckos find hard to stick to

I use overnight water to help get rid of the chlorine but I have 4 crested geckos and some stick and some doesn’t not sure what I’m doing wrong

Sorry I haven’t been on for a few days, is overnight water still tap water?

Good morning! Just wanted to update everyone. They’re all sticking now~

I use a stick on hygrometer and the humidity was always so high. But I thought " not spraying a lot isn’tw orking" so I sprayed heavil once a night and their sticky feet are back! even the last guy

1 Like

thank you for everyone’s help

1 Like