Crested morph ID help

I just got into Crested geckos this year and would love help verifying two of my cresties that I got this year.

This first one was sold to me as an extreme harlequin red cream dalmatian

This second one was sold to me as a flame

Any help verifying is appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@ghoulishcresties would be your person!

3 Likes

Your boy is a red and cream harlequin Dalmatian, not an extreme. Nice portholes on him :grin: Reminds me of a male I used to have called Greg!

And the little one is a brindle pin dash with Dal spots, not a flame.

Hope that helps you! :blush:

3 Likes

Thankyou for the tag :relaxed:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I bought the little one because I originally wanted it’s mother, but the dalmatian mom sold just before I contacted about her. This little baby had zero spots when I got it, but now it has spots. What are the chances of it continuing to gain more spots? And as far as the male, I’m disappointed he’s not an extreme harlequin but he’s still amazing looking and will hopefully make amazing babies.

2 Likes

This is the mother of the little one

2 Likes

Yes will gain more spots, will most likely end up a Dalmatian like mum, they never really stop getting spots! :blush:

Mum isn’t a yellow either, and In my opinion the baby is better markings wise, and should get red spots also! :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome! :slightly_smiling_face: thank you. This is a picture of the dad.

3 Likes

He’s nice and dark :blush:

Want tail is a bit worrying, possibly start of MBD and if so shouldn’t be bred.

But either way you’ve got some nice Cresties yourself!
Any idea on babies sex?
And it is always a pain when you get told the wrong morphs but either way they’re lovely :relaxed:

3 Likes

It hasn’t let me closely check it yet. I usually just refer to it as him for now. When he’s on the glass, I don’t see noticeable pores yet. When I handle him he just jumps around a lot. He’s still fairly little and hard to sex. I don’t care either way what he is because I’ve bought two female Dalmatians since I got him. So either way I have someone to pair him with.

Here’s a couple bad pix of one of my new females, she’s still in quarantine. Just picked her up at an expo this past weekend. She was just labeled as a dalmatian, nothing else.

4 Likes

Looks nice and clean too!

You’re going to love breeding!
Lots of dals! :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you :blush: This is my first time breeding cresties. I’ve wanted to for awhile. Dalmatians are my absolute favorite, but Lilly whites are a close second. I’ll save up to get one eventually :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I will too! I love lily whites!

3 Likes

I agree with @ghoulishcresties regarding morphs.

You have some nice Cresties :grin: I’m sure they will make some nice offspring :+1:

2 Likes

Traits lol :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: oops lol

I was at work with no internet and it took me 5 hours to send anything and by the time I managed to send something i quick typed and didn’t check it🤦

2 Likes

I named this one Mocha Latte because the design on his back reminds me of the cream designs in a latte drink.

Latte

2 Likes

Awesome name :grin:

1 Like

The three newest editions

4 Likes

Better pictures of this dalmatian pos female that I previously posted. She’s out of her quarantine tub and into a bioactive enclosure.

4 Likes