Crested morph identification

Does any one have any ideas on what morphs my cresteds are?? Neither of them are breeders just pets. so I’m just curious what every one thinks.

This is Jupiter when i bought him he was sold to me as a Halloween partial pin. I didn’t buy him for his genetics just for his personality. But I do doubt he’s a Halloween.

This is Mercury he was surrendered at the exotic pet shop my friend works at. So I have no idea what he could be. Also sorry for the really bad pics I’ve only had this guy for a couple weeks and he’s kinda crazy haha. Also when he does fire up he has some blueish stripes.

Side question unlike Jupiters crests, Mercury’s don’t continue in a straight line down his dorsal they get very scattered. Does anyone know why??

4 Likes

Jupiter is a harlequin pin dash, not a Halloween, they’re black and orange.
Mercury is a bicolour.

Some dorsals are just like that, some are ‘Furred/Fuzzy’ also which means the dorsal spikes are actually big, long and thick! And then like Jupiter some start and stop! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you!!! I always thought Jupiter was a harlequin but I had no idea about mercury so really thank you!

2 Likes

Awesome geckos :+1:

Jupiter is a pin dash, I can’t tell if he’s a harlequin or if they are portholes on the side, do you have any side pics of him?

Mercury is a bi-colour, bi-colours tend to have the scattered dorsal line. I sold a gecko just like him last year that I regret as he had beautiful orange eyelashes similar to what I believe yours has and he was super chill :sunglasses:

I can’t see any blueish stripes on him in the fired up pic.

1 Like

Thank you! This is the best pic I have of his side, and the blue on mercury is not really visible through a photo. I wish it showed up, because in person it’s very pretty!

This is Mercury’s face so you can see his lashes!

2 Likes

Sticking with what I said :blush:

2 Likes

Jupiter is a harlequin also.

It’s hard to tell with the eyelashes when they are unfired, would need to see a fired up pic. But I believe Mercury has orange eyelashes

1 Like

Ok awesome thank you both!!

1 Like