Cuban False Chameleon Antoine

8 Likes

Really cool! Is this guy interactive with you or observing only?

1 Like

I know you guys take your animals to schools so I just wondered if this guy was one of them. Most if not all chameleons are very fragile? :frog::snake::lizard:

1 Like

He isnt a chameleon. Hes an anole actually. They are also called Bearded Anolea. And he is VERY interactive. He only eats his worms while sitting on my hand, from tongs. He’s usually down in the bottom corner when I come in to spray and turn out all the lights. He has fountain inside his enclosure that he loves. They are super cool lizards!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I was confused I suppose about the chameleon thing! I love the idea that he is so friendly. He must feel extremely comfortable with you in order to eat sitting on your hand! What a joy! I love it! My little corn snake will eat his fuzzy on my lap. He will take it from my fingers!

Thank you for sharing! :blush:

2 Likes

Well I would strongly recommend NOT usimg yournfingers to feed your snake. Some day he’s going to mistake your fingers for food, because the food smells like fingers or vice versa. Its just not a good idea. And sooner or later theres gonna be a bloody mess in your lap when that feeder breaks open while its being swallowed.

3 Likes

Yep you are probably right! I just did it that one time so I think I will leave it alone! Lol! I just wanted to see if he would take it.

Thank you for the warning! :frog::snake::lizard::blush:

2 Likes