Cute Leo Pics

Just some pictures of Cleo being adorable

8 Likes

Awwwwww. She’s so adorable! She looks so healthy and happy in those pictures! I love all her little dots! In the second picture it looks like she is saying “Look out mom! Here I come!” Lol! Thank you for sharing @rigatoni Sarah! :pray::star_struck::+1:

4 Likes

That first pic is so precious :heart:
What a cutie!

5 Likes

I know she was trying to adjust herself and I caught her at the perfect moment!!

4 Likes

@caron is right- one part of that kind of pattern sub-type is called ‘Speckled,’ and you almost never see it anymore. It quickly fell out of favor once there were easier morphs to produce that didn’t require selective breeding (per se). It’s been awhile but I think that happened around 2003/4?

3 Likes

Shes not that old, I think her previous owner said 1-2 years? And I remember when I was a kid this pattern was sooo common.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean that she was that old- I have seven (I think? I just woke up :wink: ) geckos that old, but they’re really geriatric. Cleo looks much younger and is adorable. Though, as a veterinarian, my training tells me that her cuteness is likely chronic and something she’ll deal with her entire life. Adorable-ness is generally untreatable. :upside_down_face:

But I didn’t mean that the pattern has disappeared, only that almost no one remembers Speckled as being a specific, recognized, desirable phenotypic trait/morph and thus have become less common. Most leos that have spots have larger and fewer spots; Speckleds have a ton of small spots. (They can be both Banded or Jungle under their spots.)

(edit- didn’t mean to imply elderly geckos are less cute. I love my senior babies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ) oh man I’ve tried to fix my grammar like 3 times, I hope I make sense!

5 Likes

@mblaney lol! Imho you are worrying too much! I don’t think anything said has been misinterpreted at all! Lol! But you are so right about that cuteness “condition”! No one wants to treat it/ make it go away no matter how young or old or in between ANY critter is because that’s exactly the condition everyone wants! Lol

At the end of the day, Miss Cleo is a little dotted spotted speckled adorable little gecko with a rather endearing unique visual easy on the eye quality that will put a huge smile on your face!!

:heart::heart::heart: :blush:

3 Likes

Honestly the only time I see speckled patterns like this anymore tend to be in the blizzard lines.
Not saying this is a het Blizzard… Just that it’s where the last seemed to have gone in my area.

Still super cute.

4 Likes

Either way, shes pet only. My only leo I have lol! No idea on genetics or parents thus why shes pet only.

4 Likes

No youre ok! Just wanted to clarify she wasnt very old.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness she’s gorgeous :purple_heart: