Darkest, Dark?

@trnreptiles that girl is beautiful!

1 Like

Excited about this dark girl. Super chocolate

8 Likes

Check out the Super Blackheads on MorphMarket . There is a recent one posted for sale that is super dark but it’s not mine so I didn’t want to post the picture

2 Likes

I’m not saying suma has issues, I’m saying that maybe when adding cinny/bp it messes with the head a little bit more than what we’d like. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of melanin and cinny/bp are already weird with that, I’m not sure. It doesn’t happen often, but I have seen it. Never anywhere near as extreme as super cinny/bp though. This is what I think we should keep an eye on, not suma itself.

The head shape I’m talking about is one that any ball python can have, it’s not from incubation error or from the morph itself. It’s just how that bloodline is. Not many people pay attention to head structure in ball pythons, but if you look at individuals you can see that they vary a lot. The head structure I see a lot with mahoganies is a slightly narrow snout with a wider head. When you breed two individuals with this, you can sometimes get offspring with a slightly more extreme version of this. This can explain why some sumas have slightly weird heads. This has nothing to do with suma itself. Any animal can have this. I just notice it more with mahoganies and clowns. I wanted to point this out because I have seen people wary of sumas because they sometimes have weird heads.

3 Likes

My super black pastel het pied poss calico

And my Mojave GHI het ghost.

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

7 Likes

@m_ellis Welcome to the community! You certainly picked some great snakes as your first post!! Those are sweet!!

1 Like

Oooh that little white belly 🥲

Welcome to the family Ellis, please share more babies :sweat_smile::heart:

2 Likes

I have plenty of babies just no more dark morphs lol

4 Likes

Black Pin Panda

6 Likes

That is gorgeous! Love the very low white!

4 Likes

@zerorep congrats on some amazing snakes. Those are awesome!

And what a first post! Welcome to the family!

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s one very beautiful snake!

1 Like

This girl

Over 1000g and still makes the black backdrop look grey by comparison LOL

10 Likes

Smoking hot snake! Love it!

2 Likes

A combo of genes will give you the darkest. Ghi blackhead mahogany is one of the darkest I’ve seen

2 Likes

She is a wonderful combination of pattern and black!

1 Like

My GHI Mystic Black Pastel (unfortunately in shed)
And Super Blackhead Axanthic

in

3 Likes

Thank you, spottedbull :hugs:

1 Like