Desert Ghost 🤔

This boy shows plenty of markers for being DG, wear do you think? I’ve heard yes I’ve heard no. He’s also hypo for sure.

7 Likes

What other genes are present besides the hypo? The ones you know for sure. That guy is smoking by the way! Super Nice!

3 Likes

Can I just say I love the neon yellow dorsal pattern that melts down into the orange sides of that snake…it’s so :fire:

3 Likes

The genetics I know are there are hypo spotnose enchi yellowbelly
The pairing was a hypo pastel enchi butter het DG × Spotnose Yellowbelly dbl het

2 Likes

Figured that by the amazing headstamp! It looks desert ghost to me. Full disclosure I don’t work with dg so I’m going by what I’ve seen from people I know that do work with dg.

Yeah this whole clutch has been fun since there’s nothing to compare to genetic wise ha

1 Like

I can only imagine!!! I have done a lot of champagne clutches. And identifying combos is a nightmare!!!

1 Like

Hypo boy vs non hypo visual DG same genetic combo
The

The visuals of the clutch

7 Likes

I just want to say… that is an awesome clutch variation but just also completely beautiful. Definitely a good job with that clutch :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you this clutch is going to be a fun one to watch grow some

2 Likes

I probably can guess that there are some that are holdbacks

1 Like

For sure!!! Hypo is one of the few genes out there that gets better with age!!! Love hypo clutches!!

1 Like

Agreed this clutch with the few dbl visuals isn’t going to disappoint at all as they grow

1 Like

Possible. It is rather bright and clean. My pastel desert ghost is much more highlighter yellow.

2 Likes

What do DG het markers look like?

I would say the DG is there. The color, though muted by the Hypo, is still pretty intense. I love the hypo gene. When you add it to most combos, it takes it up a level. However, I think when visual Hypo is combined with DG, it detracts from the DG. It’s great to have combos with both, for working with the genes simultaneously. But the Hypo tones down the intensity of the look when DG is by itself. Beautiful animals just the same.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s a couple that are hokdbacks but Marcial Mendez squeezed a trade on me for one ha

1 Like

A lot more genes at play here though and pastel DG is hard to beat on brightness

There’s not DG het markers that I’m aware of other than just a little brighter of a snake from my experience

Thank yeah I think it could be DG but agree hypo makes it harder to ID for sure