Design Ideas for Leaky’s Upgrade!

So…I am looking for ideas on this jungle/forest theme enclosure that I’m gonna be building Leaky. I am thinking like a deep forest or jungle like the pictures. I would like ideas on how I can achieve that but still keep the space mostly open so I can see her and also get her out pretty easily.

So we have 4x2x1 to work with. Just letting everyone know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Thank you in advance!

6 Likes

Actually, what about a deciduous forest? Or like a hammock biome? Like something that she would be found in Florida? I think that would work best :smiling_face:.

6 Likes

Have you looked into warhammer terrain sets?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/950189486/gnarly-trees-scatter-terrain-winterdale?ref=share_v4_lx

6 Likes

No, I haven’t because I wanted to do something simple that looks good. I also am in the US, as you know lol :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

6 Likes

Bioactive! Bioactive! Bioactive! (Or semi-bioactive)

I would personally make a background with sticks all throughout it to allow for lots of climbing without taking up any floor space. Plus it looks nice and should last a long time. I would then weave fake plants (if you don’t use live) through the background.

I am going to stick around with this thread as this pretty much exactly what I am looking at doing for Elmo.

8 Likes

Is Warhammer not a thing over there? :no_mouth::sweat_smile:

If someone made legit reptile safe enclosure decor that looks like warhammer castles, then I’m on board!

7 Likes

Warhammer is definitely a thing here in the states, I don’t know what Riley was on about.

6 Likes

You could look into getting a background like the ones they sell at toad ranch enclosures which has an image of a place that corn snakes are native to and then base the rest of your enclosure on what is in the image

7 Likes

Wait, they are? All of the reviews and prices that I was looking after some reason where the UK. I’ll have to check if my Safari settings are through that vpn :upside_down_face:.

5 Likes

So I’m thinking of taking different botanicals around my yard and boiling them and using them for a leaf litter, that would look more like what a hammock setting in my area would look like. I’m also thinking of using Willow’s old wooden structure as a false tree and maybe try to get some more sticks and log pieces as well.

5 Likes

Used the good old blowtorch and gave Willow’s old wood a makeover :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Any more ideas? Lights that are not super bright and LEDs…so that it caters the hammock feel?

4 Likes

I’m lurking for ideas. That wood looks great, Riley !

4 Likes

I am no where near done (plants, lights, water, etc.) but is this the general look you are going for?

6 Likes

Not really…it is hard to explain what I see in my head. I want it to look like a slice out of nature. The hammock in my area it open with trees and you know…what a hammock looks like lol :joy:

5 Likes

7 Likes

lol :joy:…just like that :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Phase one starts tomorrow!!!

6 Likes

What do you all think??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe even @wrai will be proud :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

And I don’t forget my friends @cmills

7 Likes