Display case

In the process of building a expo display case and wanted input on lighting. Whats everyone’s opinion is overhead led lights or led strips built-in the display on each row. And whats the best color cool or warm white?

4 Likes

I’m not a designer so I won’t be much help but I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see what you’ve got so far.

3 Likes

I believe ball pythons spend most of their time during the day hiding (they aren’t a great display snake). Since they’re nocturnal they don’t have a uv requirement. I would recommend making the tank look good by itself and use led lights to make it look great. You might be able to find an overlap between light cycle and the snakes activity cycle (the light shouldn’t be over 14 hours a day) where the snake is out but I wouldn’t count on it.

3 Likes

I see my ball python one night a week, every Sunday around 7 pm. He knows when chow time is.

2 Likes

When I have my stacked vivs I’ll be using Arcadia.
My royals are active and out and about at times, love climbing :blush:

2 Likes

This would be for reptile shows. Instead of using deli cups

4 Likes

Personally, I like how snakes look under cool white, but some may say that it mutes their colors. I like it because it comes off clean and professional. I wouldn’t do too bright as they can come off harsh to the eye of people passing by. Try and find some that are bright enough to attract attention and make an impact. It truly has to do with personal preference.

3 Likes

Full spectrum LED lights are my favorite. They provide the best representation of color.

3 Likes

Definitely would love to get those for my breeder tanks.

2 Likes

Even cool white/daylight LEDs are very close. You can find them pretty cheap on Amazon and eBay.

2 Likes

I thought about this when I purchased my display cases, and I decided not to get any lights. I don’t like the glare they give off if someone is trying to take a photo of one of my animals through the glass.
However, everyone seems to use the JSA lights (more like well-known and above breeders)

2 Likes

I read it as exo(terra) display instead of expo display. For lighting I wouldn’t use harsh lighting, I would recommend having lighting over only a few areas and letting it spread out to the snakes instead of directly over them.

4 Likes

As did I @erie-herps :sweat_smile:

2 Likes