Diy Incubator Builds

Just wanted to share with everyone how I build my incubators. I start by removing the compressor, condenser and lines, I cut and remove only the wires belonging to the compressor. I donot remove the fans if they still work because you will need circulation during the Incubation period. I only use heat on just the back wall some put it all the way around. I like it on the back wall, I use the fans to circulate the heat equally. I’m not a fan of making more holes than is needed, with that being said I have the heat tape wired pot 2 holes somewhere near the top to run the heat tape wires out. Don’t forget to turn your fans in the direction needed. I use the top fan to pull air and push I down, I place the bottom fan in the front to push air back up. I use black hvac tape to tape down the heat tape and all wires. I wire the fans and leds directly to the main power of the unit. I will only ever use herpstat products for Incubation. You get a 6ft probe cord so I just use pre-existing holes to run that, i place the probe in the middle of the in incubator you want the incubator temp to be a desired temp mine is 89.5° Amazon has 110v to 12v converters 4 for $27.99 12v fans 10 pack for $30 led lights for $25. With the heat tape cost about $150 for parts about $100 for the cooler, Herpstat 1 $150 so for $400 total vs $575 for hotbox and ve-200. I’m not saying hot box is bad I have both, I just enjoy making diy incubators.

I do have a page as well Redirecting...

4 Likes

Nice! I love to DIY everything too! Mostly because I like to reverse-engineer everything to see how it works then re-engineer it to do something else :slight_smile:

4 Likes