Do Ivory blood pythons have issues

I am looking into getting my first blood python and ivorys have caught my attention. Knowing that they are the super form of Matrix, I was wondering if they experience common issues with supers.

I remember that @saleengrinch worked/works with bloods, so maybe a little help?

3 Likes

Blood python is an awesome choice!!! To be upfront I haven’t bred blood pythons in years. And I haven’t ever bred ivories myself. But I haven’t heard of any genetic issues with them. I always thought pied sided would of been a better name.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply sir! I always loved the personality of them and that they get good girth without achieving epic length. It may be happening soon so we will see. Thanks again @saleengrinch

2 Likes

@lumpy, if you get one, please post pictures! I don’t think I’ll ever have one of my own, so I’ve given up on learning the morphs, but I see ones listed as “007” and those are so beautiful! I just checked out the Ivory & they are beautiful too! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I had a couple females that got to 6 foot. I think there the perfect almost giant snake.

5 Likes

I’m just now learning blood python morphs, but 007’s are definitely a favorite so far! Their pattern is so nice

4 Likes

If I do there should be no doubt about it. I will be posting pictures for all to see :laughing::+1:

5 Likes

Awesome! I miss my bloods!

2 Likes

My Ivory is absolutely fine, no issues at all.

3 Likes

Thank you @anyone

No issues I’m aware of. Only genetic defects I would take note of are Super Batiks

1 Like

This is our female Ivory. Absolute best personality and never a problem. Possibly the quintessential python…?

9 Likes

I mean just look at that snake. The cleanness of her pattern and the fact that now due to captive breeding their temperaments are so much better. They probably are one of the best large bodied snakes.

1 Like

@lumpy A lot of aggression issues with short tail pythons comes from being kept in to high temperatures. I kept and bred quite a few ch and wc short tails of all 3 species. And though they weren’t like ball pythons most were very easy to work with. I only ever had 2 that were absolute terrors. Both were red bloods.

1 Like

Thanks, I had also read a lot of that information is a stereotype of the original imports

1 Like

I have an Ivory I acquired from Nick Bottini at Cold Blooded Earth and is doing beautifully. He has never bit me and only struck at me when he was a baby. He’s a puppy now…Sometimes he’ll get a bit huffy puffy but overall a very good boy.

1 Like

What are the problems? I can’t seem to find anything.

They pee to much LOL That’s my only con.

Congenital defects. Super Batiks come out patternless but almost all of them have really bad tail kinks and die. Nothing to worry about if you’re just looking for a pet, just don’t breed Batik×Batik

1 Like