Do the markings on her belly mean anything? She’s the only clown I have that has this

2 Likes

My female clown had the same thing and she was a normal clown so I dont think it means anything but I have seen some normal clowns have more extreme belly patterns than others. Most likely just variation within the morph.

An old pic of one of my female clowns.

2 Likes

She just ate so I don’t want to bug her, but my female clown looks just like @nathan_e’s. There’s always some variation in morphs

2 Likes

3 Likes

She’s pretty!! This is my girly

3 Likes

Great example of a clown! Looks like she has some nice size already as well.

1 Like

This is mine

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just the brightness of the pic but I’m seeing Yellowbelly???

1 Like

That’s dorsal is extremely light for a single gene clown. Maybe, and I’m no expert here, there is something else going on. YB or Pastel are the most likely.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! She’s only a yearling so I wasn’t planning on breeding her next season, but she’s already at 850 grams, so maybe depending on how she looks late next season I might try pairing her. She’s growing like a weed

@jenniferrios1 Yours is really bright for “normal clown”, what pairing is she out of?

2 Likes

I thought it might just be me that was seeing the bright colors but now that you guys see it as well I’m almost confident that there is YB. If it were pastel the head would have a little less pattern and would just be overall brighter and not have as much as a broken up pattern as compared to what YB does to a clown.

1 Like

yeah every clown I have had was almost always a good eater and grew like a weed as well. And if she is 850g already then she very well may be good to go next season.

1 Like