Does anybody use InkBird thermostats/hygrometers?

So because I am planning on acquiring more boas in the years to come I want to find out what my “fellow” boa breeders use for Hygrometers and thermostats. Particularly I came across one made by InkBird, and was wondering if anyone uses that brand. Just let me know what you guys use, it will be greatly appreciated.
Additionally if you want to specify if you use them in hatchling racks or enclosures or adult racks or enclosures, that would help too.

By the way this is the one that I was looking at

Here

1 Like

I use the ITC-306T for everything. It works great and the reviews are great but just because it’s a cheaper model I have a double one on my leopard gecko rack (not on my dubia colony).

1 Like

So Riley you definitely recommend it? Do you feel the specifications are accurate?

1 Like

I would recommend it. The one I use is highly accurate and I love it. The one you linked looks good too. Mine doesn’t have anything for humidity so I can’t attest to the accuracy of that but I think it would work well.

1 Like

Thanks, just trying to get expense plan going! Thinking then I’ll probably end up using one that has two heating probes to heat two separate enclosure’s warm sides/hot spots.

1 Like

Ive not used the prefab ones, but years ago I did make a couple thermostats that are inkbird. They work fine for me but I don’t use them regularly, they’re used on my quarantine stuff. The ones I use on my racks and enclosures are vivarium electronics and herpstat.

1 Like

I have a VE - 300x2 on Kai’s enclosure. It works great! What version to you use?

1 Like

I use Inkbird too! Ive been using this brand for a few years now, and my temps are always pretty accurate and they’re really easy to use/program(If you’re bad at technology like I am…) Its also nice that they’re very budget friendly!

2 Likes

I have a VE 200, VE 300x2 and a VE Hobbystat. The Herpstats I have are a 1 and a 2. I also have a pid thermostat that I built that runs 2 AP T8s.

1 Like

Herpistats all day, I have 3 Herpistat 2’s and I love them! To be honest they really have more features then you will ever use. They can also be used to control humidity with the purchase of their probe.

1 Like

Ok, so I have come to my decision, not really but I’m trying to decide either VE-300X2 or Herpstat 2. Both are $200 with duel zone. So I’m gonna put up a poll, to find out what you guys think.

• VE-300X2
  • Herpstat 2

0 voters

Herpstats, I love them

1 Like

Herpstat also makes a wireless model if you’re into that kinda thing. It’s called spyderweb. The features are pretty awesome. It can give you graphs of high/lows over a period and send you notifications if temps are beyond set parameters. Plus a load of other features. I have one for my rack but my lazy self hasn’t found time to set it up yet.

1 Like

I have both, either way you can’t go wrong. I will say though on some models of VE thermostats the plug can be touchy, where it disconnects if bumped/knocked around.

1 Like