Does anyone have experience with Emerald Swifts?

I am looking to possibly get a CBB emerald swift soon, but I want to know if anyone has experience with this species and can give me some tips on keeping the babies. Everything online is just about keeping adults, and I need more info on the care of the babies. If you have any personal experience with this species though, I would love to hear it.

1 Like

I did keep some a long time ago and they are very similar to the western fence lizard in terms of appearance. I also just like you, looked up their care requirements before i got them and babies did just as well for me when i cared for them like i would have cared for a adult specimen. i even managed to breed them and gave them to friends and family and those offspring did great as well. if you give them the basic care such as lighting, the proper enclosure, ect ect, then they are very hardy and can live for a decent amount of time. I beleive that the pair i started out with died at 9 years old or so.

1 Like

Alright, thank you for the info! Are they easy to breed? Also, I know you can’t really tame the wild caught adults very well, but can you tame the babies so long as you are patient? I also need to know the best humidity to keep them at, since the info online is a bit mixed on what is best. Heat would also be nice to know since some say they need cool temps like 85°F, while others say they need 90-92°F

1 Like

Mine were wild caught and tamed down considerably in a few months but if they get scared they can dart away from you so be weary of that. Also, in terms of breeding I would assume they are easy to breed because I never had any intentions to breed them yet they still bred for me. They produced a decent amount of babies for me in the time I had them, and as far as a good care guide i would say LLL reptile has a good outline and i basically had the same parameters they recommended although I would recommend setting up a heavily planted or decorated setup because they will feel more secure. Hope this helps!

2 Likes