Does anyone keep Porcellio lamellatus?

I’m going to be receiving a culture of Porcellio lamellatus that’s included as a free with order type thing.
Anyway I’ve been trying to find how to care for them, but there seems to be no information available. Does anyone know if they’re a drier species or a more moisture loving species?
At this point I’m assuming they are similar to a P. laevis or a P. scaber, but I really don’t want to just assume with an animals care.

2 Likes

I have no experience with this species personally, but I would guess they would be in the “goldilocks zone” between dry and moist, much like that of Cubaris murina. They are not a dwarf species so shouldn’t be kept too moist, but not too dry. I also found this from Smug-Bug.
If in doubt, I would go farther to the moist side than dry. I hope that made sense lol.

3 Likes

Thank you!

That’s what I was thinking as well.

3 Likes

Personally I would offer a gradient with moss one one side and little moss on the other side. Keep most of it moist but have a dry area. You should be able to tell where they spend the most time and adjust conditions from there.

2 Likes

I got them yesterday. I put them in the enclosure and didn’t mess with them until just now when I added food, they were all under the moss lol
I’ll continue to observe them and adjust accordingly.

I took some super quick pictures of them that absolutely don’t do them justice. Right now they’re still pretty small which definitely didn’t help lol

3 Likes