Easy, fool proof egg setup

Do you know if this method would work with corn snake eggs?

1 Like

Do you put any small holes in your incubation box for air flow?

2 Likes

Do u put any small holes in your incubation box for air flow/oxygen?

1 Like

I do not put in any holes or use press n seal.

4 Likes

What style/brand of boxes are you using? If you have a photo of one, lid included, that would be appreciated, as an example for the thread, as well, and I say this because thereā€™s actually quite a few 6qt ā€œshoe boxā€ storage containers out there, but aside from some of the examples in this thread, thereā€™s also a type with a lid that just snaps on without latches, and Iā€™ve noticed I canā€™t gain over 65% humidity in a box like that without press and seal.

1 Like

I used one of the snap on lid shoe box style containers for mine without press and seal. Humidity in both the box and incubator stayed at 99% the entire time

5 Likes

These are what I use I buy them in a ten pack at Walmart. I throw them away when Iā€™m done. Buy the same ten pack from Walmart every year.

7 Likes

Love the fridge :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not a fridge! Thatā€™s a highly sophisticated snake egg incubation chamber. Itā€™s in my lab in my basement lol :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

This got me lol :joy:! I was referring to that it was Starbucks.

5 Likes

I will put one air hole personally. (I use to put more in other snakes egg boxes without a problem.)
The only caveat is, The humidity Must be kept sufficient. (the water and fish tank heater should do that)
I prefer a bit of Co2/oxygen balance that a bit of air flow can create.

Do u have a fan in your incubator

1 Like

Do u have a fan in your incubator and if so what size and where is it located? And where do you put your thermostat probe? Iā€™m asking because Iā€™m building a incubator of this exact size u have. Also is your heat tape on the back wall and on the floor/bottom of cooler or just on the back wall?

1 Like

I do yes at the back by the vent. 80mm cpu fan.

Back wall and floor

If you look between the two egg boxā€™s on the grate you can see the probe.

1 Like

Okay so you donā€™t put your thermostat probe in a dumby hatch box with no eggs? I ask because Iā€™ve seen people say to make a false egg box and put thermostat probe in that

No I do not since my incubator only holds 6 tubs I donā€™t use a dummy tub.

2 Likes

Okay thanks a lot for the help and what temp do you incubate at?

87 or 88 for ball pythons

2 Likes

You donā€™t put any holes in the egg box?

I do notšŸ™‚

2 Likes