Eclipse snow boa

Is it even possible? If so, what would it look like?

I don’t know from who are these boas or how are the babies

A little rusty on my boa mutations but I believe an “Eclipse” is a Leopard Motley. A snow is an anery albino. Combining the two would be an Anery (recessive), Albino (recessive), Leopard (recessive), Motley (codominant). A fairly difficult to hit on triple homozygous recessive and heterozygous motley animal. Possible but not easy! Unsure if they’ve been produced as I haven’t kept up with that market in many years.

1 Like

yeah eclipse is a motley leopard

Biocanvas: I’m aware of the how, but you answered my question on the if possible; now, any idea what the offspring from such would look like? I mean, anything is possible, right? I’m thinking a nearly pattern less white snake, but afaik rainbow stripes could happen.

1 Like

I think you’re on the right track. May only need albino but I’d think anery would wipe away what’s left of the pattern.

I traded a male hypo het albino / het anery (produced by Frank Martin) in the mid 2000s to the guy who made the first hypo albino anery (with the male he got from me) and dubbed it the “moonglow” (to much disapproval). I never got back into anerys since. Putting eclipse into the mix is an interesting idea for sure.

1 Like

It will be a mostly patternless white boa with solid red eyes.

2 Likes

In the next couple years I’ll hopefully be making the hets for hypo BlackBerry blizzards and that’s how I envision them to be. Maybe even whiter :thinking:

1 Like