Egg incubator

What is the best incubator I can buy for my ball python eggs when I start breeding?

2 Likes

I really like my Hotbox incubator. many breeders prefer to do the DIY kind also.

1 Like

If you can make one, go that route. I’ve been using a Nature’s Spirit incubator for 6-7 seasons now without issue. But when I outgrow this incubator, I will be building my own.

2 Likes

I built my own by repurposing a coke drink cooler with the glass door and adding heat and a fan and LEDs it saved quiet a bit of money and works great. But I really like the hotbox pvc incubator if I were to buy one that was built thats what I’m going with

1 Like

How many clutches are you planning? I use a Nature’s Spirit incubator as well and love it. I can easily fit about 12 shoe box sized or 6 slightly larger sized tubs in there.

4 Likes

I have both Hot Box and Diy, I prefer Diy.

3 Likes

What kind of tubs are those in the bottom incubator? Looks like they would seal good and maybe not have to use press and seal

1 Like

They are 12qt sterilite gasketbox. I put 6 holes in the box with soldering iron. I love using these boxes, they sometimes can be hard to find. I bought everyone I can find at my local stores lol.
#eggboxes
#incubator
#diyincubator

2 Likes

Yea it’s hard to find good tubs these days lol I would probably have to order some I haven’t seen any like that in stock in stores around me in a good bit

2 Likes

I haven’t tried this but their are some tubs with locking lids that have a gap that a person might be able to add foam to but not 100% sure.

2 Likes

You you don’t want to built it yourself I highly recommended CSerpents Hotbox Incubators.

2 Likes

We love our C Serpents. A little pricey, but worth the money. Customer service is top notch as well. Incubators – C Serpents Rack Systems & Hot Box Incubators

2 Likes

Do you still have this